Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where have all the users gone, long time passing…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Olius View Post

It does:

The R4 doesn't have a power input on it at all, except for the dock.
    Sounds like it's properly dead then. I'd be starting a return ASAP. It's one thing to get a steal of a deal on an unwanted camera body like this - but you won't get the same kind of deals when it comes to spares, media and maintenance.
    DREAMSMITHS | SHOWREEL | INSTAGRAM
    www.dreamsmiths.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Grug View Post

I was referring to the F35's I/O box. Which attached to the rear of the F35 in much the same way as the SR-R4 attaches to the rear of the F65.

If you wanted to use the I/O box on the F35, you had to feed power through it directly (it couldn't draw its power from the F35 body - if the F35 body were being powered by mains or a battery block through its 8-pin power input port). So I'm wondering if there might be something similar going on with the F65 here - whether it perhaps needs power to be fed into the SR-R4 directly in order to turn on?
      What is I/O box for the F35? The Interface box? The only part of F35 labeled I/O is the port on the side of the camera?
      What does "feed power through it directly mean?" The IF box had a 4 pin power input that could power the camera.
      "it couldn't draw power from the F35 body" - I have no idea what this means. The IF box certainly draws power through the dock I am certain of it.

Comment

Originally posted by yachacha View Post

What is I/O box for the F35? The Interface box? The only part of F35 labeled I/O is the port on the side of the camera?
        What does "feed power through it directly mean?" The IF box had a 4 pin power input that could power the camera.
        "it couldn't draw power from the F35 body" - I have no idea what this means. The IF box certainly draws power through the dock I am certain of it.
        Yes, the interface box.

Possibly I've got this muddled up and it's running it off on-board batteries that requires you to feed power through the interface box's DC input? (it's been a long time since I've used the camera)
        DREAMSMITHS | SHOWREEL | INSTAGRAM
        www.dreamsmiths.com.au

Comment

I have a fully functioning F65 for sale, with 4 media cards and most importantly the SR-D1 card read, which makes life much easier to download media. Haven't put an ad in ebay yet but planning to do so soon. If anyone is looking for one or needs pics, tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by RayZan View Post
            most importantly the SR-D1 card read, which makes life much easier to download media.
            How are you using the SR-D1? There does not seem to be drivers available for it anymore as far as I can tell. Do you keep an older Mac to do it?
            Last edited by Olius; 01-16-2023, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X