• Two pieces

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Three pieces

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archduk3

Hi everyone,

I have found two places I started to work with for the prototype. But I sort of need to hear the community’s thoughts on this.

I said I wanted to order 5 of the final product, but if demand is more, I want to know that ahead of time.

The current cage has one side module, one smaller side top plate, a top plate (that will have power, potentially both 2 pin Lemo and P-tap), and a mount for rods and EVF.

Also, how much would you guys be up for paying. This is a custom job, so $350 for the side module I think is on the lower end, but a complete cage I think should be between $600-$800 and still be acceptable. Let me know, I have no intention to make money on this, as long as we break even it has been a gain.

Sure
View attachment 143349

Most minis I build nowadays as an AC is almost as heavy as the standard alexa ;)

Also...clearly to add more mounting points for Terradek and MDRs :D

C

Looking pretty good. More 3/8" Arri locating holes on the sides of the top plate would be my main suggestion - to allow things to be mounted off the side of the camera without the added weight of the side plate.

Most minis I build nowadays as an AC is almost as heavy as the standard alexa ;)

Which is one of the main reasons I HATE Arri's cage for it (and their new one for the MILF as well). You have to go third-party to get a decently clean build, that doesn't triple the weight of the camera.

Looking pretty good. More 3/8" Arri locating holes on the sides of the top plate would be my main suggestion - to allow things to be mounted off the side of the camera without the added weight of the side plate.

That’s sort of why we have the ARRI location pins on the lower top plate. I guess I designed this in the way I build rigs, but I’ll make note of this.

Mac, as you know, is the F35 Godfather

I know. We owe a lot to him for sure. But since he has now moved on to bigger things, I was hoping there a space for new people in the family ;)

C

Seems CNC people are very hard to communicate with, and complicated to interact with! :D

BUT

I have now found a large company to print our first prototype, and I will be sending out for the first model in late November.

Mac, as you know, is the F35 Godfather

I know, we wouldn't be anything without him. But still, one can hope :)

C

The delay has been immense, mainly because several of the CNC people I worked with, never tried making camera things, nor do they actually think this small scale is worth it.

HOWEVER

Now I have found a CNC person that wants to keep working on it. He is making some last measurements over the holiday, but would be having the first done side cage finished in January. The final design he will make, will be possible to order directly from him, OR if you would like to find your own CNC shop to order it.

The files will be upload for you to do as you please, but I will make sure that he knows and gives us a better deal. He is just one man though, so might be some delays, but I can personally check every cage and so on before we ship out.

Right now the first batch will be side cage, with top mounting. And the front rod attachment.

The top plate is just a bit more work, figuring out the wiring solution we want, but if there is interest, we will keep on working.

C

Back