F35 Beginners: How do I power it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Yeah, I've had the Tandem fail me when an AC does a fast rack focus. haha. pulls that couple watts too many and the whole thing shut down. Luckily it was during testing.

That battery plate on the F35, it may or may not come with a good mounting option, so might as well make your own if you can't find it for sale, as you are probably going to have to make your own mount in the end anyway.

Leave a comment:

• RayZan
    replied
    https://www.coreswx.com/store.coreswx/product/cube-200/

Leave a comment:

• RayZan
    replied
    Originally posted by lobsterboyextreme View Post
    Heya, what's the plate that you've got the Tandem 70 mounted on?
    The Tandem attaches to any gold mount plate as if it were a battery.
    A better solution is the cube 200. it provides up to 200 watts to the camera as opposed to the Tandem's 70 watts limit. The F35 draws about 60 watts and if you add a monitor and a recorder and other things you could be needing more than 70. I have both and love the cube more because it's off the camera. All you need is a long 4 pin power cable and you can connect it to the IF box. It's so lightweight too.

Leave a comment:

• lobsterboyextreme
    replied
    Tandem 70 plate

Originally posted by MikalZ View Post
    In other news I can confirm that the Tandem 70 works great with the F35. Self contained, 1 pound, $200 on ebay. Run the camera like an appliance from a wall outlet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122185[/ATTACH]
    Heya, what's the plate that you've got the Tandem 70 mounted on?

Leave a comment:

• Mike Krumlauf
    replied
    Solved my problem as im sure some of you saw in the other thread. Just needed to be properly updated to the last firmware version.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Krumlauf
    replied
    I just got an F23 and im having problems with powering it. I am using an XLR to anton bauer plate with a Dyna DS-220A gold mount battery which is 14.8V and 220wh and when the camera turns on i get a green screen out of the HD SDI and a 0.0V flashing on the little screen as well as the rec lights flashing quickly.

Leave a comment:

• MikalZ
    replied
    Originally posted by yachacha View Post
    will the tandem power from a battery if the wall power gets kicked?
    Yep, passes battery power through just fine. And it will charge batteries on camera too.

Leave a comment:

• yachacha
    replied
    will the tandem power from a battery if the wall power gets kicked?

Leave a comment:

• MikalZ
    replied
    Originally posted by MikalZ View Post
    I have the Anton gold mount plate with 8pin lemo.

Any reason why the Tandem 70 wouldn't work with it, allowing AC power the F35? Haven't read mention of this combo before, but seems like the lightest/cheapest way to run the head without batteries I've seen.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...C&Q=&A=details
    In other news I can confirm that the Tandem 70 works great with the F35. Self contained, 1 pound, $200 on ebay. Run the camera like an appliance from a wall outlet.

tandem70.jpg

Leave a comment:

• MikalZ
    replied
    Man, your an endless source of practical tips and creative solutions on here. I'll be making a project out of this based on your leads thanks.

Leave a comment:

• yachacha
    replied
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cables-Lemo-...YAAOSwEjFXdLwX

Seems to be at least one in there

Leave a comment:

• yachacha
    replied
    IMG_1288.jpgIMG_1292.jpgIMG_1291.jpgIMG_1290.jpgIMG_1289.jpg

I can't find the exact price, it took a long time to make.

I power 7Q and SmallHD 502 off side port of camera using d tap to quad splitter. On 130Wh battery i get one hour. This is probably at the upper limit of the AMPS but I have run the combination for hours on end with no issue. I really hate multiple batteries on a camera setup.

The AB power plates are no longer on sale at Abelcine, cheapet I can find them now is $340. If you hunt around on ebay you can get the F35/23 power cable extension like the one i have pictured for cheap. This cable could be cut and attached to AB plate to make lower cost solution. The wiring for F65/35/23 Lemo input is easy to find.

On the side 12v connector, this was actually a standard cable used in ARRI 16mm and 35mm cameras. Microforce zoom handles also had cables with this connector. I have gotten several of the side port lemo connectors for much cheaper than I paid for the D tap cable, my plan was to make a straight lemo to 4 port D tap but i haven't gotten around to it. If you hunt around for old arri cables you can find them also.

I have looked behind the 12v lemo output on the F35. It is two wires, red and black connected to two of the pins, this means it is fairly simple to wire up if you wanted to attempt to make a cable yourself.

Leave a comment:

• MikalZ
    replied
    Also important to note if you power through the 4 pin of the IF box, neither the 12v or 24v output will work. Media Blackout was able to custom make me a D-tap to F35 12v output cable for around $150.
    That's interesting yachacha, I was just looking into powering the Odyssey from the DC outs. Do you think with your custom cable and a D-tap to Neutrik/Odyssey adapter that would work?

Leave a comment:

• yachacha
    replied
    Also important to note if you power through the 4 pin of the IF box, neither the 12v or 24v output will work. Media Blackout was able to custom make me a D-tap to F35 12v output cable for around $150.

Leave a comment:

• Nic Price
    replied
    Originally posted by Viddovation View Post
    I don't have the documents in front of me, but basic electrical engineering principles would lead me to essentially certain that the 24v power path is separate from the 12v one, and without a 24v supply the 24v outputs will have no voltage on them.

That said, you could easily test the pins with a multimeter while powering the camera via Lemo 12v.
    Right again: tested and confirmed that the 24v output has no voltage when camera is powered from a 12v supply, thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X