No announcement yet.

F35 Beginners: How do I power it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The LEMO-8 power connection is a standardized one so it should work. However you should check with Wooden Camera as to the length of the cable. If they made it for the Mini then it might be a bit short for where you would want to mount it on the F35.
    Mitch Gross
    Prolycht Lighting
    NYC

Comment

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
      DREAMSMITHS | SHOWREEL | INSTAGRAM
      www.dreamsmiths.com.au

Comment

Can anyone confirm for me the length of cable required to reach the 8-pin lemo port from the back of the IF Box? This would be for a cable coming out of the right-hand side of the battery plate, in the middle of it (I'd be keen to know lengths both from the IF box mounted out the back of the camera, and when mounted on top).

Cheers,

Mark
        www.dreamsmiths.com.au

Comment

12 inches would be the bare minimum to mount the battery plate on the IF box in either location and still reach as long as the plate was facing with the cable pointing to the lemo port, 18 inches would probably be more ideal.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks David, appreciate it. Do you know if the spacing of the screw holes on the back of the IF Box conforms to standard battery plate spacings?
            www.dreamsmiths.com.au

Comment

I don't think so. They didn't work for my gold mount plate. I have a cheese plate that I drilled holes into for mounting onto the IF Box and mounted the goldmount plate on that.

Comment

Argh! You're killing me fellas Standardised? This 8-pin lemo cable is like a hot dog in a hallway when you put it up against the F35's 8-pin lemo plug:

I've just spent $500 on a useless bloody battery plate

So clearly there are at least two different types of 8-pin lemo plugs. Does anyone know what nomenclature they use to describe them? I can't find anything online that points out a distinction or identifying label between fat (F35) and skinny (Alexa Mini) 8-pin lemos.
                www.dreamsmiths.com.au

Comment

is this: http://www.markertek.com/product/rd1...lr-male-1-foot the correct XLR to 8pin lemo that will play ball to go from the AC-DN2B to the F35's 8pin connector?

Comment

No, that's the one for the RED camera standard. The one Sony used is much larger. Look for one that's designed for use with an F23/35/65. Or just call a high end Sony dealer such as BandPro or AbelCine and ask for the appropriate cable for Sony.
                    Mitch Gross
                    Prolycht Lighting
                    NYC

Comment

If on a budget, check this one out

https://www.abelcine.com/store/Anton...ny-F65-Camera/
                      Rafael Abreu-Canedo
                      http://abreu-canedo.film
                      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by abreu-canedo View Post
                        I have this one and it's great. It also mounts on the plates that hold the top handles if you have a spare one (creating a pretty slim battery plate if you need it).

Comment

So, I wanted to confirm something. If the F35 is being powered through its lemo port by a 12V source such as a 14.4V AB battery, will the 24V DC out port be activated and able to pass through 12V or will only the 12V DC out port be functional? I ask because there are a good amount of cables made for the 3-pin 24V output and not so much for the 11-pin 12V output of this camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Nic Price View Post
                            So, I wanted to confirm something. If the F35 is being powered through its lemo port by a 12V source such as a 14.4V AB battery, will the 24V DC out port be activated and able to pass through 12V or will only the 12V DC out port be functional? I ask because there are a good amount of cables made for the 3-pin 24V output and not so much for the 11-pin 12V output of this camera.
                            As I understand it there are Lemo pins to supply 24v power in, and only if 24v in is provided will 24v out be available.
                            James Houk
                            Nashville, TN

Comment

Originally posted by Viddovation View Post
                              As I understand it there are Lemo pins to supply 24v power in, and only if 24v in is provided will 24v out be available.
                              Thank you. But, just to clarify, will the 24v out port at least be able to pass through 12v, or can it only pass through 24v or nothing at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Nic Price View Post
                                Thank you. But, just to clarify, will the 24v out port at least be able to pass through 12v, or can it only pass through 24v or nothing at all?
                                I don't have the documents in front of me, but basic electrical engineering principles would lead me to essentially certain that the 24v power path is separate from the 12v one, and without a 24v supply the 24v outputs will have no voltage on them.

That said, you could easily test the pins with a multimeter while powering the camera via Lemo 12v.
                                James Houk
                                Nashville, TN

Comment

Working...
                                X