"Today" Short Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F55: "Today" Short Film

Hey guys, you can catch our little period piece "Today", screening in competition with Australia's top 100 shorts for the next week at the St. Kilda Film Festival (which is streaming online for free this year).

Really proud of this little film and the terrific team who pulled it together under COVID restrictions and between the two lockdowns last year, and it's screening alongside a really interesting collection other films in the session called "Tales of Mystery & Imagination" (it's the last film in the session, but I enjoyed the whole lot of them).

Shot on the F55, and featuring one of my favourite practical FX shots that I've ever done!

You can check it out here:

https://vimeo.com/551773641
    (password: TOMI2021)

(film starts at 1:07:49)

Last edited by Grug; 08-28-2021, 07:43 AM.
    DREAMSMITHS | SHOWREEL | INSTAGRAM
    www.dreamsmiths.com.au

I wanted to watch "Today" really did, but couldn't get beyond all the ads/promo and first screening. Found no way to scroll forward, with no idea how long it would take to get there or how long I'd have to spend watching. Looks interesting though from the photos above!

Comment

Here's the normal link if you'd like to scrub through to skip the ads/promos if you'd like to give it another shot:

https://vimeo.com/551773641

I didn't watch it but the F55 frames look nice...always a great look from that camera.

Comment

Thanks Bro.

Loved this! Outstanding camera work! Really good camera op!!! Color grade too!! Story too!

Spoiler Alert:
        Code:
        [PHP]

Strong resemblance to Black Mirror anthology series, one of my favorites. Timeline like Nolan's Memento, plays toward the beginning.[/PHP]

Comment

This was a phenomenal piece!
          sigpic
          www.silencethevoices.com

Comment

Looks Good! If you want to submit the film to Holland Film Festival I can send you a waiver.
            Peter Bosman

Comment

Excellent work. I didn't understand it, but I liked the look of it.
              Doug Jensen, Sony camcorder instructor
              HOW TO MAKE MONEY SHOOTING STOCK
              http://www.dougjensen.com/

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys

Originally posted by Publimix View Post
                Looks Good! If you want to submit the film to Holland Film Festival I can send you a waiver.
                Happy to forward the details onto the Producer, if you want to send them through to me Peter.
                DREAMSMITHS | SHOWREEL | INSTAGRAM
                www.dreamsmiths.com.au

Comment

Working...
                X