Winner winner, chicken dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doug Jensen View Post
    Not only does the FX6 have that very handy User Box function, you can also create a custom aspect ratio marker with any dimensions you want and display it either as lines or a mask with variable opacity. As far as I know, it is the first Sony camera to offer that power. User Box and the aspect ratio marker can even be used together if you want.
    that sounds like an absolute must-have for today's crazy world of multi-format delivery. such as editing 16x9, 4x5, and 9x16 all from the same shoot. (although you likely won't be grabbing your 9x16 frame from the center of your 16x9 frame all the time, so perhaps a grid of 9x16 boxes would be more useful)
    www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Jensen View Post
      Not only does the FX6 have that very handy User Box function, you can also create a custom aspect ratio marker with any dimensions you want and display it either as lines or a mask with variable opacity. As far as I know, it is the first Sony camera to offer that power. User Box and the aspect ratio marker can even be used together if you want.
      Unless I'm remembering wrong, I believe I was on a shoot with the Sony Venice that could do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Run&Gun View Post
        I haven’t laid hands on an Fx9, but it may have a menu item called “User Box” or something similar. Our broadcast cameras(like my VariCam) and some cine cameras(like my F55) have the option to basically create a box of virtually any size and aspect ratio you want to overlay in the VF(and monitor out) in addition to the predefined markers available to you. So you could create your own custom frame markers. I used that option when we had to still shoot 16x9 and 4x3 simultaneously.
        Yes whats I did , put up a chart with the small HD monitors built in 2:1 marker , and matched up the marker lines with the user box..and stored the height number if I have to do it again ..I mean its still recording 16-9 so there is room for wiggle in post ..maybe it will be in the list with V3 or the custom aspect ratio feature will be included .. just thought 2:1 might have already been included , there is a whole bunch of preset marker lines but not 2:1

Comment

Hmmm,

for fun, let's add the fact that pixels themselves also can have different aspect ratio...

Comment

Originally posted by laverdir View Post
            Hmmm,

for fun, let's add the fact that pixels themselves also can have different aspect ratio...
            That aspect is hard to resolve ..

Comment

Originally posted by laverdir View Post
              Hmmm,

Oh God don't go there. This thread is painful enough as it is.
              ----------------------------------------------------------

My reel
              Website

Comment

Apparently it is all my fault for having made the insulting statement that video engineering is not my strong suit.
                Sachtler tripod user for 40+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by markfpv View Post
                  Unless I'm remembering wrong, I believe I was on a shoot with the Sony Venice that could do the same.
                  I am not an expert on the Venice but I think you have to use a function called "User Frame", which is similar to "User Box" on the other cameras. Having separate controls just for a custom aspect ratio marker on the FX6 is a new function . . . I think.
                  Doug Jensen, Sony camcorder instructor
                  HOW TO MAKE MONEY SHOOTING STOCK
                  http://www.dougjensen.com/

Comment

Fun with numbers:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kionasm...h=3fba60260a59

As mentioned earlier, introducing the idea of differing pixel aspect ratios results in meaning that there is yet another mathematical factor in determining the actual aspect ratio of the frame.

Last week I was working on a shoot with a couple of FX9's -- The production specified that they wanted the cameras set to 4096x2160. Interestingly enough the term "17x9" was never mentioned, though both "DCI 4k" and "C4k" terms did come up.

We needed to get a special dispensation to use an A7s III as a third camera because it doesn't record in that size. Where we really saw the difference was on the quad split monitors - where it was hard not to notice the difference in relative frame heights when the frames are right next to each other.

Comment

Working...
                    X