The Sony ILME-FX6V Owners Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drboffa View Post

I would *really* appreciate it if the camera didn't turn Proxy recording off when switching in and out of S&Q mode; I know the camera won't do proxies in S&Q (which is fine), but it should at least revert to the user's choice (in my case, Proxies "on") when exiting S&Q mode.
    The Z750 and Z450 automatically resume proxy recording after S&Q.
    Doug Jensen, Sony camcorder instructor
    HOW TO MAKE MONEY SHOOTING STOCK
    http://www.dougjensen.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Scott View Post
      What does the FX6 need a firmware update for?
      More paint menus.
      Doug Jensen, Sony camcorder instructor
      HOW TO MAKE MONEY SHOOTING STOCK
      http://www.dougjensen.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jmone View Post

How about the Sony MI Shoe ECM-W2BT ? Anyone used it with the FX6?
        I've ordered the unit with the LAV mic add on. Will update how well it works when it arrives.

Comment

Got my Fujinon 18-55 MK to work with the FX6 in 4K mode by using the clear image zoom! So happy!! cuz I paid a lot of money for that lens lol!

Comment

Hi,
            I have a question regarding the SD cards.
            I'm using for the clips a Kingston 128G V90. Works fine including in 4K 100FPS.
            I decided to purchase the same one but in 32G only, mainly to store the configs on slot B.

I had a bad surprise... The camera refuses the 32G card. Error message "Unknown support. Please replace"
            This card is in exFAT (same as the 128G one) and works fine on other devices than the FX6.
            What's wrong ? Is there a minimum size ? It's not mentioned in the docs

Comment

Are you able to format it in-camera?

Comment

No, because the 'format' option is greyed in the menu.
                I tried also the following:
                - with a full charged battery (seems sometimes that the format is not possible if the battery level is too low). Same problem
                - format the SD card on my A7R4 before plugging it in the FX6. Same problem
                - played several times with the mini switch

I think I will exchange this card with a basic V30 I'm using with one of my Sony cameras...The FX6 accepts this one.
                The only reason I see is the 32G capacity

Comment

Maybe you got lucky with the 128gb Kingston? The only cards I've used/trust are Prograde, Sony and Sandisk....

Comment

I've used Kingston in my FX6 and A7S3 for a while now without any issues (128 and 256GB).

Comment

I too have no issues with both the Full size and Micro Kingston 256gb V90 cards.

Comment

I use SONY and PRGRADE 128 full size cards never an issue- would have more SONY"S if I could get them easily - always out of stock. I will not skimp on V90 Cards. Will try a SAN DISK at some point

Comment

I checked the 32G card with some available tools.
                          The capacity is OK
                          The W/R speed is OK (> 85-90 MB/s)
                          So I don't undestand
                          Would be intersted to know if someone is able to use 32G cards. The other I have are not SDXC.

Comment

Originally posted by did View Post
                            I checked the 32G card with some available tools.
                            The capacity is OK
                            The W/R speed is OK (> 85-90 MB/s)
                            So I don't undestand
                            Would be intersted to know if someone is able to use 32G cards. The other I have are not SDXC.
                            Are you sure it IS SDXC? AFAIK SDXC cards are >32Gb and SDHC are <32GB. I don't believe the FX6 is compatible with SDHC...

Comment

I notice on the Kingston Website with the 32GB it says the format for this card should be FAT32 and exFAT for all he larger ones - https://www.kingston.com/en/memory-c...t-plus-sd-card

Comment

Originally posted by scorsesefan View Post

Are you sure it IS SDXC? AFAIK SDXC cards are >32Gb and SDHC are <32GB. I don't believe the FX6 is compatible with SDHC...
                                I think you are correct that the 32GB will be SDHC not SDXC and should be formatted as FAT32 not exFAT. The good news is SDXC readers (like the FX6) have to be backward compatible (at least at the HW Level) to accept SDHC cards.... well that is what the spec suggests.
                                ================================================== ============================

SD High Capacity (SDHC™) card is an SD™ memory card based on the SDA 2.0 specification.

SDHC capacities range from 4GB to 32GB

Default Format: FAT32

SD Extended Capacity (SDXC™) card is an SD™ memory card based on the SDA 3.0 specification.

SDXC capacities range from 64GB to 2TB

Default Format: exFAT

--------------------------------------------

Compatibility Summary
                                The chart below shows the host device and the memory cards supported.
                                Host device
                                (ex. cameras, video recorders, phones, readers, etc.)
                                Memory cards supported

Comment

Working...
                                X