Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sony ILME-FX6V Owners Club

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by broughtonfilm View Post
    This is madness. How in a world do I keep center marker, aspect marker on the camera's LCD monitor while getting rid of all the other display info? As soon as I press "Display" everything disappears together with the crosshairs and aspect ratio masks. Is it really not possible to keep just these??
    You have two options. You can setup an ALL FILE with the two different sets of display settings selected (so you can jump between in the 20-odd seconds it takes to load an ALL FILE. Or you can what I did, and lose a $1000 upgrading your Gratical Eye EVF, to the fractionally different Kameleon EVF, because it has the option of opaque mattes for framing (instead of just framelines).

    I tried the former very briefly, before being too fed up with it, and taking the financial hit to get that ONE monitoring feature.
    DREAMSMITHS | SHOWREEL | INSTAGRAM
    www.dreamsmiths.com.au

    Comment


      Originally posted by Grug View Post

      You have two options. You can setup an ALL FILE with the two different sets of display settings selected (so you can jump between in the 20-odd seconds it takes to load an ALL FILE. Or you can what I did, and lose a $1000 upgrading your Gratical Eye EVF, to the fractionally different Kameleon EVF, because it has the option of opaque mattes for framing (instead of just framelines).

      I tried the former very briefly, before being too fed up with it, and taking the financial hit to get that ONE monitoring feature.
      To be honest, when I saw the notification about the reply, I assumed that you replied to let me know that this issue had been fixed with a firmware update OR that there was a menu setting I wasn't aware of that fixed it. FS7 could do it right from the release date, I don't understand why it's implemented so badly in FX6. It's a dark humor to have to spend thousands of $$$$ just to get it.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Joshua Milligan View Post
        Has anyone been able to get the Rycote Lyre mic holder adaptor by jmone printed here in the US? I recently picked up a Sanken CS-M1 and want a better mic mount for it and feel like that could work well, but I'm not sure where or how to go about getting one made.
        I used https://www.jawstec.com/ to print my EVF loupe housing and they did excellent job. They don't have minimum quantity requirements.

        Comment


          This didn't seem worthy of its own thread yet, but there's a rumor that a new E-mount "broadcasting/cinema" (?) camera will be announced in December, along with a new lens (a cine zoom, I imagine).

          https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/rumo...d-in-december/

          The rumor is that the new camera is "quite impressive," which makes me infer that it will cost at least as much as the FX9
          www.VideoAbe.com

          "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." -Harvey

          Comment


            I wouldn't mind seeing a stand-alone ENG version of this new camera.
            https://pro.sony/ue_US/products/4k-a...tems/hdc-f5500
            Doug Jensen, Sony camcorder instructor
            HOW TO MAKE MONEY SHOOTING STOCK
            http://www.dougjensen.com/

            Comment


              Yeah.... I'm wondering where the other two "C" lens are. But then again the 16-35C is very expensive for a repack.

              Comment


                Apparently the new camera will be in the CineAlta line. Sony dropped a teaser for it a couple days ago:

                www.VideoAbe.com

                "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." -Harvey

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ahalpert View Post
                  Apparently the new camera will be in the CineAlta line. Sony dropped a teaser for it a couple days ago:

                  Do you know if it is a new teaser, or the long promised modular upgrades to the Venice? Like new sensor block?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by James0b57 View Post

                    Do you know if it is a new teaser, or the long promised modular upgrades to the Venice? Like new sensor block?
                    I probably know even less than you. But the rumors site said it would be a new camera
                    www.VideoAbe.com

                    "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." -Harvey

                    Comment


                      If it's the Mini Venice / F55 replacement the rumour-mill has been whispering about. I'll be moving on from my FX6 immediately.
                      DREAMSMITHS | SHOWREEL | INSTAGRAM
                      www.dreamsmiths.com.au

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Grug View Post
                        If it's the Mini Venice / F55 replacement the rumour-mill has been whispering about. I'll be moving on from my FX6 immediately.
                        that sounds like an awesome camera!

                        Comment


                          Release date/time is Nov 15 11pm (Peking time)

                          CineAlta1.jpg

                          CineD brightened the teaser and compared the button arrangement to Venice. The dial in the lower right is slightly closer to the display. So, this will probably be a Venice 2 or a mini Venice? Some speculate it will record 8K

                          Sony-CineAlta-evolves-VENICE-comparison-768x421.jpg
                          www.VideoAbe.com

                          "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." -Harvey

                          Comment


                            And the menu screen is still on the wrong side for an owner/operator.
                            Doug Jensen, Sony camcorder instructor
                            HOW TO MAKE MONEY SHOOTING STOCK
                            http://www.dougjensen.com/

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Grug View Post
                              If it's the Mini Venice / F55 replacement the rumour-mill has been whispering about. I'll be moving on from my FX6 immediately.
                              lol Mark if that's the case, you would've owned the fx6 for one of the shortest amounts of time compared with most fx6 owners who will keep them as their workhorse for years.

                              Are we officially calling your quest "Cine Kaizen"?
                              robnortondp.com

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by rob norton View Post

                                lol Mark if that's the case, you would've owned the fx6 for one of the shortest amounts of time compared with most fx6 owners who will keep them as their workhorse for years.

                                Are we officially calling your quest "Cine Kaizen"?
                                Haha, maybe!

                                I think I’m just gettIng too old to want to put up with operational compromises on cameras (and the stresses those compromises add to my day-to-day).

                                I really wanted to be happy with the FX6 as a “good enough” camera, to do everything that doesn’t require renting in a Mini or Venice. And the pictures/specs/performance are all certainly acceptable on that front.

                                But having to rely on battery adapters and lens mount adapters, and swapping top handles when you need to feed it audio, and stupid filenaming and camera display info setups, and external recording to get 12-bit files. It just makes it too fiddly for a crotchety old-timer like me.

                                If I was solo-shooting with autofocus lenses and just shooting XAVC all the time, maybe it’d be fine. But that’s just not my world.
                                DREAMSMITHS | SHOWREEL | INSTAGRAM
                                www.dreamsmiths.com.au

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X