The Sony ILME-FX6V Owners Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmone View Post
    FYI - the caps are here on Thiniverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2262508 I've left some notes on how I printed them
    That's a bit outside my comfort zone. Ask me how to direct an Instagram celebrity Sausage Dog onto a cinema seat for a Vue Cinema screening of Paw Patrol movie and I'm there. 3D printing is still witchcraft to me.

Make 100 and sell them

----------------------------------------------------------

My reel
    Website

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Scott View Post
      Would love to see how you modified your Rycote mount.
      Really simple. I ordered a pair of CYCLONE PAIR OF UNIVERSAL LYRE (72-SHORE) mounts and just had to cut a groove in the bottom of each to match the raised bump on the handle when you remove the stock holder. I used the same screws from the original. Good upgrade, holds the mic well and there is no handling noise.

Comment

Originally posted by jmone View Post
        Really simple. I ordered a pair of CYCLONE PAIR OF UNIVERSAL LYRE (72-SHORE) mounts and just had to cut a groove in the bottom of each to match the raised bump on the handle when you remove the stock holder. I used the same screws from the original. Good upgrade, holds the mic well and there is no handling noise.
        Super cool. Would be great to be able to use thumbscrews for easy breakdown as the handle with no mount fits perfectly in my case!

My reel
        Website

Comment

Super cool. Would be great to be able to use thumbscrews for easy breakdown as the handle with no mount fits perfectly in my case!
          That would be ideal, and there is plenty of room for a thumbscrew head. I wonder what the thread details of the screw is.... or I could just 3d print a head and attach it to the screw.

Comment

While waiting for the proper Zacuto Z-Finder to be in stock, I came up with this "Sunday Hack". I'll warn lighthearted Super Pros that it is a borderline Instagram's "s*%tty Rigs" channel worthy, but maybe the rest of you will find it useful. Originally I wanted to see if I could secure it the way it is meant to with the rubber straps that come with this cheap $29 CVF-1 DSLR loupe by Kamerar, but as expected the loupe's frame was restricting the full coverage of the FX6's LCD because it is designed for smaller 3" LCD's. Putting it inside the FX6's flip up hood does the trick as it lifts the loupe off the LCD few millimeters, this way the entire frame is covered AND the loupe happens to fit into the hood pretty well, all I needed to add was a piece of paper tape for it to support it securely. The increased distance the optics are this way from the LCD does mess with the diopter correction but in case of my vision it is OK. Ideally of course, if I wanted to take it more seriously, I'd probably compensate for the added distance the flip up hood forces by trimming the grey plastic part of the loupe - this is the only way to adjust it perfectly as this loupe offers no diopter adjustment but I don't want to invest more time into it as it's just a temporary hack. It is light enough for even the FX6's terrible EVF mount to hold it (that is once you've learned that the bracket needs to be oriented certain way to prevent sagging). Anyway, here are some quick pics of it. I thought this could be useful in a pinch when shooting outside, the loupe weighs (and costs) next to nothing, I'll definitelly keep it in my bag. IMG_0555resizedto2501.jpg IMG_0559resizedto2501.jpg IMG_0554resizedto2501.jpg IMG_0553resizedto2501.jpg IMG_0560resizedto2501.jpg Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 12.38.14 PMresizedto2501.jpg
            Last edited by broughtonfilm; 02-28-2021, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Nice hack. Had no idea Kamerar were still going.

Link to it - https://kamerar.myshopify.com/produc...lcd-viewfinder

My reel
              Website

Comment

Nice hack. Had no idea Kamerar were still going.

Link to it - https://kamerar.myshopify.com/produc...lcd-viewfinder
                Thanks. Yeah, I think they should consider making a proper version for FX6.

Comment

Cool. I'll give it a try.

Comment

One thing I'm not a fan of on the FX6 is the mic mount. It feels flimsy, like it could break fairly easily, plus it holds my MKH 8060 far enough forward that my windscreen gets in the frame of any lens that's wider than 24mm. My FS7 had a similar problem, so I built my own rugged mic mount for it.

I noticed through some digging that Alister Chapman designed and is selling his version of a rugged mic mount replacement for the FX6. I'm curious to know if any of you have used it.

Link: http://www.xdcam-user.com/2021/01/ru...7OW7Z60GK-myIM

Comment

I removed my mic mount as I never used the one on the FS7 or FS5. It then fits nice inside my Video Transporter 18.

The viewfinder piece will probably turn up tomorrow so I will try it right away if it is any good.

Comment

First rule of buy Sony cam - remove the mic mount.

Rycote InVision Video ” Adaptor Camera Mount

My reel
                        Website

Comment

I'd love to see others' ways of mounting a shotgun or similar mic. I used the stock mic holder on my Fs5 without issue, but it's certainly not ideal. I just struggle to think of a setup that doesn't add too much more height and doesn't block easy access to the top handle.

Comment

I have mounted an Alphatron viewfinder using a Smallllrig adapter and also have been able to fit the complete kit comprising FX6, Alphatrom, Smallrig 15mm rods and plate, 2 prime lenses, follow focus, NTG2 and radio mics, battery and charger in a Petrol (now Satchler?) Dr style bag - sorry, but cannot attach jpg photos!
                            Last edited by GGeoff Addis; 03-02-2021, 06:41 AM. Reason: included unwanted desktop reference

Comment

You're going to have to host that image somewhere. Can't see nuffin.

My reel
                              Website

Comment

I tried the Kamerar viewfinder today and without dioptre it is only in focus when the screen is flush to the base of the viewfinder. So without the Sony LCD screen hood everything is in focus but coverage isn't 100% and the straps don't work to fasten it.

If put inside the Sony LCD hood it does cover about the whole screen but then it's out of focus.

So an idea is for someone with a 3D printer to mould the aluminium piece less tall and do some tinkering to get it together. In concept it's a simple solution but it needs some work. On the upside it's really light

Comment

Working...
                                X