Sony PMW-F3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony PMW-F3

That's the name of the new camera, and it will be available with (PWM-F3K) or without (PMW-F3L) lenses... So far nothing else seems to be public, but Sony are having a live Q+A on Facebook at 10am UK time (in about 8 hours?)

Sony Product Family Page:
    http://www.sony.co.uk/biz/content/name/ssw-bc-35mm-2010

Facebook Page:
    http://www.facebook.com/SonyProfessionalEurope

Will DVXUser have a PMW F3 forum by then?
    Dylan Reeve // Edit Geek
    Editor / Post Production Supervisor / Geek

Interesting!
    (9:38:44 PM) ngubbet: ROYGBIV 4:4:4:4:4:4:4

Comment

Yes, very interesting. Can't wait to see the price and specs.
      RED SCARLET
      Zeiss ZF.2 primes
      : 28mm f/2, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.4 -- all with cinemod
      Canon zooms
      : 16-35mm f/2.8, 24-70mm f/2.8

Comment

Heh heh heh...

At least now we can stop calling it by other names.

Comment

I expect the info will start to surface from official source in the next couple of hours.
          Dylan Reeve // Edit Geek

Comment

I guess they could not wait until the official US unveiling on the 17th. Since I am planning to attend, that kinda took some of the excitement out of my sails. Oh well. I'm just going to wait and find out what's what on the 17th.

:P

If cinematography wasn't infinite, I'm sure I would have found the end by now.

Comment

I don't think we'll know the full story until the event - I've heard a lot of things that make me suspect something more in store for the 17th.
              Dylan Reeve // Edit Geek

Comment

Kind of odd that Sony would break rank on this announcement. Ryan I guess you will have to take a hiatus from DVXuser until the 18th!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Stone View Post
                  Kind of odd that Sony would break rank on this announcement. Ryan I guess you will have to take a hiatus from DVXuser until the 18th!
                  Yeah, I'm not gonna really jump in the pool and start researching the leaks, rumors, and etc. I'll just ignore it for now... but I don't think I can take a hiatus from DVXuser. I'm kinda addicted.

With that said, I'll be happy to look into any questions you guys have about the cam(s) when the official camera is announced. It would help me to know what features are under the biggest debate so I'll be sure to settle them.
                  Last edited by Ryan Patrick O'Hara; 11-07-2010, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

Just pulling your leg. But seriously, this event is not a rumor. The first link is to Sony's UK site with a bunch of marketing bumpf on the F3 as a decendent of the F35, etc, etc. The fellow leading the Facebook scrum is their Marketing Manager, Bill Drummond. This ain't rumor. It is quite bizarre though having them leak out information on Facebook a week before the big announcement. Flies in the face of good marketing strategy. Double the irony by having it announced here on a Panasonic focused forum (rather than a Sony one) with little to know effort to get this thing to go viral through this event tomorrow. Kinda like they just discoveed the internet last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Stone View Post
                      Hi Ryan,

Just pulling your leg. But seriously, this event is not a rumor. The first link is to Sony's UK site with a bunch of marketing bumpf on the F3 as a decendent of the F35, etc, etc. The fellow leading the Facebook scrum is their Marketing Manager, Bill Drummond. This ain't rumor. It is quite bizarre though having them leak out information on Facebook a week before the big announcement. Flies in the face of good marketing strategy. Double the irony by having it announced here on a Panasonic focused forum (rather than a Sony one) with little to know effort to get this thing to go viral through this event tomorrow. Kinda like they just discoveed the internet last week.
                      Hahahaha, maybe they don't know that we can see the British site or communicate with people across the pond. Seems the event won't really be an unveiling, as the 'sheet-over-the-camera' photos suggest. Perhaps it'll just be a big pat-on-the-back party.

Comment

http://www.sony.co.uk/biz/pdf/Genera...site=biz_en_GB

Don't start the party too soon. A 2/3" CCD is the base, with S35 size upgradeable at a later date. HDCAM SR at 4:2:2 and standard frame rates (24,25,30,50,60) at 1080. Variable framerates and 4:4:4 capable via seperate expansion boards.

Guesstimates may begin... 20k?

Comment

Mmmmm that link Good Reverend is to the SRW-9000 and not the PMW-F3. All the docs to the F3 are bum links for the time being. It is not going to be a 2/3" sensor. It is going to be 35mm film academy sized. I would be shocked if the F3 camera did HDCAM SR. Did you read the webpage from the first link in the orginal post in this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                            http://www.sony.co.uk/biz/pdf/Genera...site=biz_en_GB

Don't start the party too soon. A 2/3" CCD is the base, with S35 size upgradeable at a later date. HDCAM SR at 4:2:2 and standard frame rates (24,25,30,50,60) at 1080. Variable framerates and 4:4:4 capable via seperate expansion boards.

Guesstimates may begin... 20k?
                            Don't scare me! You linked to the wrong product, I was about to be like WTF! phew =)

Comment

Even the 'teaser' said 35mm sized. Clearly not 2/3". They know better.

Comment

Working...
                              X