Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They finally gave us FSRAW support on the 5" Ninja V!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Jensen
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim Sewell View Post

You still need a suitable recorder to get the raw from both FS5 and FS7 (and the raw upgrade in the case of the FS5 Mk1). Especially for the FS5, the only previous recorders were the Shogun Inferno and the CD Odyssey (with licences) - both discontinued and less flexible than thr Ninja line.
    Actually, you are forgetting about Sony's R5 recorder, which is arguably the best, simplist, and most elegant solution for 16-bit RAW.
    And it just so happens I'm selling my FX7 + R5 combo right now! :-) https://www.dvxuser.com/forum/market...corder-package
    It is a great package for anyone who really wants to capture very high-end images at a price that is actually less than today's cost of a new FS7m2. You get the FS7 (same as an mark2 but without variable ND), XDCA, R5, 1TB of memory cards, and the IFR5 interface. Everything you need.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Sewell
    replied
    Originally posted by SJX View Post
    The FS700 has been one of best bang for buck 4K for a while. But now with prices of used FS7 and FS5 go for, is this really that relevant? Seems price of a FS700 plus this recorder buys a FS5 or even FS7. Or what I'm missing?
    You still need a suitable recorder to get the raw from both FS5 and FS7 (and the raw upgrade in the case of the FS5 Mk1). Especially for the FS5, the only previous recorders were the Shogun Inferno and the CD Odyssey (with licences) - both discontinued and less flexible than thr Ninja line.

Leave a comment:

• SJX
    replied
    The FS700 has been one of best bang for buck 4K for a while. But now with prices of used FS7 and FS5 go for, is this really that relevant? Seems price of a FS700 plus this recorder buys a FS5 or even FS7. Or what I'm missing?

Leave a comment:

• say_doyster
    replied
    Firmware 10.71 is for both the V and V+. Slightly different levels of capability depending on the camera/recorder combo.

B

Leave a comment:

• drboffa
    replied
    Saw this earlier this morning—it's huge! Totally unexpected, as well.

Maybe this is part of the effort by Atomos to move more Ninja V+ units. I picked one up when they offered a $500 discount to existing owners of the Shogun (and some other models), and now I'm glad I did. It's not my favorite piece of kit but this makes it much more useful if I want to keep my Fs5 going longer alongside the FX6.

The only downside is it only records ProRes RAW, which means you need the extra step of transcoding if you want your footage in regular ProRes flavors (which I'd prefer).

Leave a comment:

• patrickbaldwin
    replied
    It's actually the Ninja V+ not the Ninja V.

Leave a comment:

• kaidumo
    started a topic They finally gave us FSRAW support on the 5" Ninja V!

They finally gave us FSRAW support on the 5" Ninja V!

Newsshooter article : https://www.newsshooter.com/2021/11/...YTrm7p3V_JXndA

For me this will make the camera rig so much lighter and more portable. Very excited!
Working...
X