Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Vujro17U4

Comment

I watched that YT this morning and then posted my question.

No Sony license fee needed to unlock 4K raw?

And an Atomos Shogan via the SDI can take the raw feed and downconvert to4k ProRes/10 bit?

Interesting!

Stay well.

Rob
      Smalltalk Productions/NYC
      the story is never black & white
      it takes Smalltalk to reveal the color

smalltalk.productions

Comment

Originally posted by robfilms View Post
        I watched that YT this morning and then posted my question.

No Sony license fee needed to unlock 4K raw?

And an Atomos Shogan via the SDI can take the raw feed and downconvert to4k ProRes/10 bit?

Interesting!

Stay well.

Rob
        Smalltalk Productions/NYC
        There was a license fee originally associated with the Odyssey 7Q(+). The
        Atomos monitor/recorder never had a license fee for the Sony FS700.....
        probably one reason it became fairly popular quickly....

Comment

The original FS700 also had to be upgraded for a fee to output raw... but if yours is FS700R those came with the raw enabled from the factory...
          Sony FX9 | FS700R | A7S | Odyssey 7Q+ | Atomos Ninja V
          FE: Sony 24-70/2.8 GM, 70-200/2.8 GM, 28-135/4, 24/1.4, 50/1.8, 90/2.8, 28-70, SEL: 50/1.8, 35/1.8, 18-105/4
          Samyang 16, 35 & 85mm Cine
          Sachtler Flowtech 75 | Benro S8
          MacBook Pro 2018 6-core i7 2.6 ghz / 32gb ram / 512gb HD | macOS Catalina
          Hackintosh i7-8700K 6-core 3.7 ghz / 32 gb ram / 512gb NVMe / Radeon RX 580 | macOS Catalina

Comment

Originally posted by dmitrizigany View Post
            I’ve been starting to do some streaming stuff and was hoping to be able to use the FS700 in Multicam setups. Unfortunately it’s output latency (both HDMI and SDI) makes it useless for that
            I have a question. I was planning on using my FS700s for multicam switching work eventually but haven't yet.
            If they have this latency wouldn't it be evident when we use the FS700 with an SDI external recorder such as Atomos Shogun inferno? And also with an external HDMI monitor?

Comment

Originally posted by firehawk View Post
              I have a question. I was planning on using my FS700s for multicam switching work eventually but haven't yet.
              If they have this latency wouldn't it be evident when we use the FS700 with an SDI external recorder such as Atomos Shogun inferno? And also with an external HDMI monitor?
              Well it is evident when you look at the monitor. Especially when doing music stuff... Drives me nuts seeing everything behind the beat... But when you play back the recording it's fine. And if you RECORD a multicam and then use audio to sync (haven't tried any other form of sync) it's all fine. But for real live events I can't see how it could work. Especially not for music.
              Sony FX9 | FS700R | A7S | Odyssey 7Q+ | Atomos Ninja V
              FE: Sony 24-70/2.8 GM, 70-200/2.8 GM, 28-135/4, 24/1.4, 50/1.8, 90/2.8, 28-70, SEL: 50/1.8, 35/1.8, 18-105/4
              Samyang 16, 35 & 85mm Cine
              Sachtler Flowtech 75 | Benro S8
              MacBook Pro 2018 6-core i7 2.6 ghz / 32gb ram / 512gb HD | macOS Catalina
              Hackintosh i7-8700K 6-core 3.7 ghz / 32 gb ram / 512gb NVMe / Radeon RX 580 | macOS Catalina

Comment

I just wanted to add to this since I've still been using my camera quite a bit. So I was DoP on a feature doc with a nice budget and we used 2 arri's for I'd say 1/2 of it. For a bunch of reasons I also had shoots where I used my camera as the primary and I would challenge people to spot the difference. It does not look out of place whatsoever and I'm quite happy with how it turned out. The Arri is better in my opinion without question, but the fact that we can get so close with the "combo" is amazing. I think my combo will be obsolete when the alexa mini/amira etc are obsolete due to resolution and/or perhaps to a lesser extent sensor size. But as long pro-res 4k is a desirable delivery format - ... ???? where's the issue?
                I'm a jack of all trades and master of SOME.

www.frasertoms.com

Comment

Hi everyone, I figured I would chime in and give others some hope. I've been using by FS700+ Odyssey 7Q for over 7 years now.... I use it all the time matched with my new FX3. Here's a video I just did for my day job...

Let's see if you can guess which camera is which....

Comment

Working...
                  X