Kenan, S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTHER: Kenan, S2

Earlier this year I shot five episodes of the second season of the NBC series "Kenan". Pretty much straight-ahead network comedy.

Two Alexa Minis, lenses included Cabrio 19-90 and 80-300, Alura 15.5-45, and Sigma Cine Primes. I went heavier on the diffusion this time around as an experiment, mostly Black Diffusion FX 1.

Episodes airing on NBC currently, also streaming on Hulu:
    https://www.hulu.com/watch/04922242-...a-eeb6d502f3c3
    Last edited by CharlesPapert; 01-05-2022, 01:16 AM.
    Charles Papert
    charlespapert.com

this ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGT7APCzNVE

iteresting you mention diffusion as this looks mildly odd in a softish way and the colours have an unusual feel.

of course it looks way better than 'tv'

I assume the 'windows' are not windows but it is a three sided set?
    http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

I like Kenan and I grew up watching All That and Kenan & Kel, but sometimes I wonder if some of these guys/gals use their own money for these shows.

As far as the IQ, I wouldn't have thought anything special with diffusion was done, and everything looked perfectly fine and how modern sitcoms currently look in the USA.

Comment

that clip has segments from different episodes and I'm not sure what the other DP did for diffusion. Definitely the first few were from mine. You can feel the difference with the interview segments, I'm not sure what those were shot on but they feel notably crisper in comparison.

Sam, yes the house was a set on stage, although not three sided like a sitcom, each room had all walls so we could shoot 360 degrees. The ceilings were open in the smaller rooms and had soffets with removable muslin panels on the larger ones, so we could drop units from the perms as needed. Lots of "oomph" on the greens outside to get them to read hot. And yes the "windows" were real windows! It looks pretty fake if you don't have glass in window frames.
        Charles Papert
        charlespapert.com

Comment

P.S. Sam linked to that YT clip because you can't see the Hulu clip unless you have an account.

I was going to link it last night but my previous post in another thread of yours was also related to a link not working you posted, so I didn't want to do that again. lol

Comment

Haha no worries! Always let me know if links don't work.

I knew you need a Hulu account to watch, but figured those that do have it could use it and the rest would ignore.
            Charles Papert
            charlespapert.com

Comment

Thanks for sharing Charles! Definitely gonna check it out. Which episodes did you shoot?
              www.VideoAbe.com

"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." -Harvey

Comment

Real windows but not looking out onto reality .. is what I meant
                http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

Originally posted by ahalpert View Post
                  Thanks for sharing Charles! Definitely gonna check it out. Which episodes did you shoot?
                  It's all a little confusing, they aren't airing in the order we shot them. The next two that air, as far as I know.

Originally posted by morgan_moore View Post
                  Real windows but not looking out onto reality .. is what I meant
                  Sometimes a bunch of fake greens and a translight feels more real than reality...

Charles Papert
                  charlespapert.com

Comment

Working...
                  X