This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offical on Camera Light & Accessories LED /Non-LED

someone posted a website that had LEDlight. they were pretty cheap $240. they came in day warm and cool versions. didnt bookmark the site down and now i cant seem to find the site.. anyone know what im talkin about?
    http://<span style="font-size:12px">...net</b></span>

http://vidled.com/

Comment

hmm.. doesn't look powerful enough and kind of homemade...the battery attachment looks kind of wack too..

litepanels.com has a special for dv cameras.. it's $635 (but only until 4/30). it comes with an adapter plate that goes on the back of the light so you can use your own hvx camera batteries.. pretty rad.
      Last edited by pkendall; 04-03-2006, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Actually it sucks, bite the bullet and get the real deal. The lite panel battery is far superior to the DV thing. The DV attachment is flimsy an balances horribly. The standard battery is worth every penny. If you can save $635, then save $365 more and get the full kit, you won't regret it. It's probably been the most versitile light in my kit since summer when I got it. I want to pick up a two light kit one spot and another flood.
        Always beg forgiveness, not permission! http://www.evingrant.com http://www.evingrantdp.com http://www.evingrantphoto.com
        RED #199
        HVX #69

Comment

Evinsky:

I have been keeping an eye on this light and it looks interesting. What do you usually use it for, an eye light? The throw seems too wimpy to function as anything but an eye light but perhaps I am wrong? Would you use it for tabletop or as a fill? Just curious. I love the idea of these lights but the HVX is no DVX as far as sensitivity as we all know so I would not want to waste the money on something that is mostly only functional as an on-camera ENG/event type of light or just as an eye light since the Arri 150 does that so well for a lot less money.

Best,

Dan
          It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
          G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

Comment

Originally posted by evinsky
            Actually it sucks, bite the bullet and get the real deal. The lite panel battery is far superior to the DV thing. The DV attachment is flimsy an balances horribly. The standard battery is worth every penny. If you can save $635, then save $365 more and get the full kit, you won't regret it. It's probably been the most versitile light in my kit since summer when I got it. I want to pick up a two light kit one spot and another flood.
            Evinsky, you've owned a vidled?

Comment

Yes. It has gotten some great reviews from the people who bought it. Maybe a review/ comparison?

Comment

I have a Vidled, the brighter one, and I've used it a couple of times already for some ENG work. Works like a champ. There's nothing cheap about it. It's very solid, the dimmer pot is not cheap. I've had three hours on the accessory battery they offer. Makes a decent back light too if it's not too far away, and God knows you can use gaffer's tape to stick it to anything.

The only thing I'd change is to include a gel to warm it up a little for certain circumstances (because that dollar is gonna break me), but honestly with proper white balance it looks great.
                Jeff Putz
                POP World Media, LLC
                Cleveland, OH

Comment

Originally posted by jeffyjones
                  I have a Vidled, the brighter one, and I've used it a couple of times already for some ENG work. Works like a champ. There's nothing cheap about it. It's very solid, the dimmer pot is not cheap. I've had three hours on the accessory battery they offer. Makes a decent back light too if it's not too far away, and God knows you can use gaffer's tape to stick it to anything.

The only thing I'd change is to include a gel to warm it up a little for certain circumstances (because that dollar is gonna break me), but honestly with proper white balance it looks great.
                  Thanks Jeffy for the reply. I was gonna purchase one right before vidled closed for the holiday season, and forgot to check back until this thread started. I remember people asking for someone to bring an LED light to market at a reasonable price point. Vidled has done it and i'll be glad to try their unit out as it looks awesome.

Comment

Don't let the haters talk you out of it. I'm very pleased with it.
                    Jeff Putz
                    POP World Media, LLC
                    Cleveland, OH

Comment

I got a Vidled, I am pleased with it. I broke it down to the fact that they are both LED lights.
                      ____
                      Mick

Comment

I got the daylight model and it works great for a minor fill light indoors during the day. I am working on a couple of gels to warm it up for indoor lighting compatibility. This is NOT a replacement for a good lighting setup. It is more for run and gun where you have no control of lighting. This puts some of the control back in your hands. It can however be used to as an accessory to a good light setup.

2 thumbs up so far!

Comment

never buy there batts, you can get your oun batts, all you need is a 12v 2amp rechargable batt and you can adapt it yourself. you can get a 12v batt for around $35 that will be stronger than any of these batts they give you. they come with batts and you can adapt it to what ever connection you need. www.electroniccity.com

Comment

Originally posted by willshipp
                            never buy there batts
                            ...never say NEVER!

Hey there.

We recommend three battery options, currently:
                            1) use your own supply;
                            2) the DPS-9000 - has the advantage of being able to attach on top of the light;
                            and
                            3) the Li-Polymer one.

Our battery packs are NOT up-marketed much, and we sell them cheaper than many
                            other places.

We're also just about to release the same LED lights with a small battery pack
                            INCLUDED. It looks like this:
                            http://vidled.com/VIDLED_deluxe_360_1.mov
                            (360 degree MOV file)

Just thought I'd throw that into the mix; but your idea of making your own [or
                            sourcing your own] battery pack, is definitely a good option too.

Cheers,
                            Marius

Vidled LED Lights

Comment

Like I said, I got nearly three hours out of one of those batteries. They charge a bit slow, but you get plenty of time out of them.

Yes, obviously these are for ENG-type situations, not for "good" lighting. That's the reason I needed one, because I do a lot of that kind of thing.
                              Jeff Putz
                              POP World Media, LLC
                              Cleveland, OH

Comment

Working...
                              X