Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On camera monitors

Hi

I'm looking for an on camera monitor and I'm looking for a reasonable priced option. I'm using an A7Siii on an RS2 gimble with rear handle, but I can't see the screen in underslung mode which is 80% of time. I saw the SmallHD Focus 5", but it's now discontinued. Then I saw a couple of used ones on ebay that were refurbished and the other used ... both a little more than the old new price ... I'm not sure ...

What is my best option for on camera monitors mounted on the rear handle of my gimbal - needs to be under a $1000? Also is the SmallHD Focus 7 too large for the rear handle of my gimbal?
    Last edited by adam777; 09-14-2021, 03:50 AM.

If you plan to use it outdoors, get one with at least 1,000 cd/mē brightness. You may also consider features like loadable LUTs, scopes, and false color.

Comment

If interested: https://www.dvxuser.com/forum/market...orld-7-monitor

Or just buy one from the store. (Mine's brand new.)

2200 nits. (Insane.) Lightweight. Sharp.

An incredible panel for such little money.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll get a smallHD 702 Touch at a discount (due to being open box return). Do I need those huge sony L batteries, or can you get away with the smaller L series lower power batteries?

Comment

I think you'd want at last an NP-F750, or maybe look for something like an IndiPRO Tools Power System. That way you can keep heavy NP-F970 batteries at camera level and not change the center of gravity.

Comment

Originally posted by adam777 View Post
            Hi

I'm looking for an on camera monitor and I'm looking for a reasonable priced option. I'm using an A7Siii on an RS2 gimble with rear handle, but I can't see the screen in underslung mode which is 80% of time. I saw the SmallHD Focus 5", but it's now discontinued. Then I saw a couple of used ones on ebay that were refurbished and the other used ... both a little more than the old new price ... I'm not sure ...

What is my best option for on camera monitors mounted on the rear handle of my gimbal - needs to be under a $1000? Also is the SmallHD Focus 7 too large for the rear handle of my gimbal?
            A powered 7" monitor is pretty big for that set up. Abe on this forum uses a desview r6, which looks like a pretty good option for your rig - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1631607-REG/desview_r6_uhb_5_5_2800nits.html. You can buy a cheap 5 inch monitor to see if you prefer that size or find out if you definitely need a larger monitor. I don't have any experience with feelworld but looks like a contender as well.

If you're committed to the larger size the 702 touch should serve you well. Re batteries, the larger L batteries are the way to go.
            robnortondp.com

Comment

Originally posted by rob norton View Post

A powered 7" monitor is pretty big for that set up. Abe on this forum uses a desview r6, which looks like a pretty good option for your rig - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1631607-REG/desview_r6_uhb_5_5_2800nits.html. You can buy a cheap 5 inch monitor to see if you prefer that size or find out if you definitely need a larger monitor. I don't have any experience with feelworld but looks like a contender as well.

If you're committed to the larger size the 702 touch should serve you well. Re batteries, the larger L batteries are the way to go.
              ... oh dear ... buyers remorse. Thats ok, I'm sure it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Comment

Working...
              X