Lighting suggestions for 48 hour film fest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting suggestions for 48 hour film fest

I'm going back home to compete in my school's 48 hour film fest. They have some lowel omni kits but no diffusion for them at all. I'm really a lighting novice and have never been able to produce good results indoors with them. Any tips?

Also, if it's in our budget would renting some kinoflows be better?
    www.mattgarrettdp.com

Originally posted by Matty_g
    I'm going back home to compete in my school's 48 hour film fest. They have some lowel omni kits but no diffusion for them at all. I'm really a lighting novice and have never been able to produce good results indoors with them. Any tips?

Also, if it's in our budget would renting some kinoflows be better?
    I believe this article will be very helpful for you.
    http://www.film-and-video.com/broadc...les3point.html

He using the same lights youre using and he didnt use any diffusion material.

Comment

Try and get a lighting guy involved with your project, you'll earn a lot more, and you'll need the help.
      Director of Siren at www.sirenthemovie.com, Essence of the Force at www.kerbybrothers.com, and creator of Fightscenes For Motion Pictures at www.kbproducts.com

Comment

i wish i knew a lighting guy. if anyone knows a lighting guy in the nashville/southern ky area let me know.
        www.mattgarrettdp.com

Comment

get some diffusion gels, pretty cheap. the c-47s are what blow the budget :P
          .:Gabe:.

FAYMproductions

Comment

Look in the yellow pages or go online and find video equipment/rental for that area. Make an appointment with the rental manager to review different types of lights they rent, and ask him to demo them for you. I would politely ask for 20-30 minutes of his/her time. If they do have time, this will probably go longer anyway. They should give you some advice on diffusion..Opal, 216..ect . Kino flo's, Moles,Arri's, dedo's and HMI's...He might even have an "INDIE" film or student filmmaker, discount price on rental equipment....Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X