Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with interveiw lighting setup......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with interveiw lighting setup......

This is what i have 2 1k baby babies, 2 1k mighty-moles and a 2k baby. Need a lighting set up for two people interveiw. The two people are facing one another with a coffee table between them. I aslo have two 2/3 flags, 4 c-stands and 2 4x4 foam core, and some 216 and 250 diffusion paper. Oh and it is a one camera setup, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
    Last edited by julian; 08-17-2006, 10:37 AM.

How big is the room, what color is it, how high are the ceilings, are there any windows in the room, how far away are the windows, how many stingers(ext.cords) do you have, how far are the walls from these two chairs and coffee table. ????

Comment

The room is about 20x30, there are no windows, the two chairs and coffee table are about 3 ft from the back wall which hangs a black curtain, the ceiling is about 10 ft high. I have about 4 25 ft stingers and about 4 50 ft stingers.............and the walls are a sought of a grayish color. Thanks.

Comment

Got any pictures for reference?
        MacPro 5,1, HP Lx2480zx (4) , Adobe Creative Cloud, Lightroom CC, Digi 003, Logic Studio Pro, Pro Tools 12, Presonus Lightpipe & Digimax FS. KRK V6 with V12s and Yamaha NS10's

Comment

no, sorry i wish i had...............then i know this would be alot easier to exsplain .........thanks

Comment

You could try to drop the background to black - maybe your flags can help you with the spill. Or maybe do a tricky cross lighting scheme - so one 1K (baby) provides a rim for one guy and at the same time provides the key (through the 250) for the other guy. USe your foam core for the fill for each or better yet bounce your 2K into the foam core from the direction of the camera for more fill. Light up the coffee table from directly above with an open face. with all that fill spill you may still have a light left over if you did want to light up something on the background.

Basically, rim them with hard light. Key them through the 250 on a c-stand many feet away from the subject. Fill them with bounce. (wattage respectively higher with each light function). Flag off the unwanted spill on your background.
            Last edited by jonnyh1968; 08-17-2006, 06:36 PM.
            The life clocks have no power on the outside.

Comment

thanks alot, should i used any type of gel? ..................oh and would it make a difference that the interveiwer and the interveiwee is of dark skin complexion ( africian americian)...............thanks again.

Comment

use gels if you are competing with other lights in the room that you can't turn off (eg: if daylight is pouring in you may want to blue your lights a bit to match the color of light). Most of the time gels are your choice at your discretion of style. Maybe you want the actors to be slightly warmer... i don't know it's all your call on that one. Dark skin... just make sure your subject pops out of the background. Either through exposure or color of the background wall.
                The life clocks have no power on the outside.

Comment

Like jonnyh1968 said, go for a cross-key lighting setup. It seems to be the best bet given your situation.
                  http://www.TheThrillMill.com

Comment

hey guys , thanks alot........

Comment

Working...
                    X