Need Light Stands for KINO FLO DIVA 400 and 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Light Stands for KINO FLO DIVA 400 and 200

I thought they already come with the kino-flo kits... But they did not. So I need light stands. Thanks.

Matthews C-stands. The prime choice to be coupled with a kino. And when you're not using the kino's, they can be used for a million other things.
    http://www.TheThrillMill.com

Comment

At my rental shop we use the Lowel Uni TO with our Diva 400's. It has a sizable base (3 feet, 7 inches) but most important, it folds up short enough to fit it the case.

http://www.lowel.com/stands_poles.html

This means you always have your stand with the light. The whole combination is also under the airlines' weight limit. I don't know if this works with the 200's.

We also use a "gooseneck" to offset the lights center of gravity and position it directly over the stand. I can't remember where we got ours, but this company sells something similar:

http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/publi...o-flo_mtp-b41f

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was really attracted by the low weight of the Lowel Uni TO . I am wondering if Lowel Uni TO can actually support the weight of DIVA 400 and if it does, clearly it can also support DIVA 200. Matthews seem to be an excellent reliable option as well.

Comment

Lowell tripods don't last a long time. If you go the C-stand route, you'll end up with a little mopre bulk, but a timeless item. Can also find a couple of used ones on ebay...
          www.juliotaubkin.com

Comment

Lowel stands for the most part are terrible. Avenger/Manfrotto or Matthews make a much better stand. You'll probably need a baby stand or a heavy duty kit stand. Most of the times I've used Diva's they were on C-stands.
            www.barrycheong.com

Comment

I make no argument that a C-stand is less solid than a Lowel stand. But you can't take it on a plane, and you can't keep it with the light as a one piece "Kit", and they're not light weight by any means. They are right about Lowel stands though: they lock their sections by pinching the tube, rather than pushing a brake against the tube. This is not ideal. Having said that, the Uni TO is a lot more solid than the typical Lowel stand that holds up a Prolight.

Comment

Sorry I forgot: Manfrotto/Matthews are better stands, but they don't (as far as I know) make a bottom folding design. That's the Lowel difference that allows an 8 foot tall stand to fold up to under 22 inches and fit in the case.

Comment

I use a C stand for mine. Only avaialble in Japan so its much use to you. But Id go with this.

Originally posted by taubkin
                  Lowell tripods don't last a long time. If you go the C-stand route, you'll end up with a little mopre bulk, but a timeless item. Can also find a couple of used ones on ebay...
                  Someone said the amnova? C stands were good before and cheap - cant remember who.
                  w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
                  p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

Comment

yeah, divas won't float on a lightweight stand, you really need something heftier. C-stands are good, but will definately need to be sand bagged, I really prefer a hefty baby stand.
                    01.PRODUCTIONS
                    www.01productions.com

Comment

Working...
                    X