anybody seen/used these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody seen/used these?

saw the ad for this website in DV mag. total ARRI copies but way cheaper. anybody know about these and if they are any good?

http://206.188.208.159/index.asp?Pag...ProdID=26&HS=1

this site sells other stuff too. all cheap.
    "There is no forest. There are no trees."

Cinematography Reel on Vimeo

www.fisherfilmworks.com

I'd rather spend another $100 bucks (for a 650 with barndoors) and get the real thing with full warranty and available replacement parts. I've seen those ads, too, but didn't know the prices were as "high" as they are.
    www.spokefilms.com

Comment

I'd be super careful of any cheap knock-off light. I saw a redhead and blonde copy a few weeks ago and it had some serious issues ie: no cord switch, rough construction with barndoors, incorrect stand mount, etc.
      www.barrycheong.com

Comment

Yea I'm with dustino. If I pay more than Britek price I want Arri, Mole, etc.
        When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. (Tuco-The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

IMDb Green Eyed Monster // Waiting 2 Die:A Veteran Affair // Bail Out

DVX100b / T3i / HMC150 / C100 / Atomos Ninja Blade
        50mm 1.8 / 24mm 2.8 / 18-55 5.6 / 75-300mm 5.6 / Rokinon Cine DS 85mm

Comment

Yeah...number one, I wouldn't go for these. But...if you do, I'd go ahead and do it soon before Arri sues these people. These are even closer knock offs than the FilmGear lights, and they've already gotten sued by Arri. As of now, FilmGear is no longer allowed to sell the Arri based lights in the E.U. I think and they're trying to get them pulled from sale everywhere. Aparently Arri takes patent infringments very seriously.
          Peace,

-Harry

Comment

hmm, they don't look all that bad. As far as arri knock-ff's go, I really like Altmans.
            01.PRODUCTIONS
            www.01productions.com

Comment

Altman's are extremely solid. I love 'em.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X