Ringlite Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ringlite Mini

Anybody test with or use the Ringlite Mini system yet?

http://www.litepanels.com/

I dont think its out yet...says coming soon on their site last time I checked.

Comment

Does anybody know any rental houses that rent these out? Or any alternatives to get that sort of look?
      Noah Shulman | Founder, Creative Director | Sleepless City Productions
      @noahshulman | www.sleeplesscity.com | www.noahshulman.com
      ** Check out the 3D short film Genesis **

Comment

If you're somewhat handy you could build one. I just built this one:

I don't have any test footage yet...

A lot of shooters will also tape bare kino flo tubes to their mattebox or lens hood. The shape that gets reflected in the eye will obviously be different but can produce a similar effect.
        www.barrycheong.com

Comment

Very nice Barry....Is this unit held in place by a c-stand..baby stand?.
          Your bulbs are 3200k , are they not ? Do you just cut small, individual sheets of gel
          for each light, for color correction, if you chose to go that route, or do you change out bulbs for daylight? Nice rig, and always great advice on this web site.

Comment

Originally posted by filmat11
            Very nice Barry....Is this unit held in place by a c-stand..baby stand?.
            Your bulbs are 3200k , are they not ? Do you just cut small, individual sheets of gel
            for each light, for color correction, if you chose to go that route, or do you change out bulbs for daylight? Nice rig, and always great advice on this web site.
            I haven't been able to get a hold of a colour temperature meter but from eye they look about 3200 - definitely cooler than your household bulbs. The one catch is the light is way too bright. I'm using 50W GU10 base PAR16 bulbs and getting T 11 1/2 at 5 feet which is blinding to say the least. So I can use a dimmer which sends the colour temp going super warm because of the amount I have to dim (T 2 or less seems comfortable to the eye) or I can gel it. Right now I'm working on a gel frame that'll fit over the entire light with some spacers to get it away from the bulbs. It's primarily why I went with this design. A lot DIY designs use medium base household sockets with standard bulbs but it get's trickier to gel because the bulbs protrude out.

The entire unit gets rigged into a stand or gripped with a magic arm.
            www.barrycheong.com

Comment

Working...
            X