Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedolight DLED10 owner - ask me anything

Hi All,

Today I received my Dedolight DLED10-D (daylight only version).

Very quick initial testing has left me very impressed. Colour tint is very neutral to camera with no noticeable green or magenta tints.

Shadow quality compares well to a DLH650. Maybe not quite as sharp as a DLH4 but to camera it is actually just as believable as sunlight. Have never seen a 300watt focusing LED (or fresnel attachment) with this type of shadow sharpness.

Brightness is exactly what I was hoping for - with the light 3.5 metres from the subject in full flood you are looking at 1/200, Iso400, F4.5. With the 150mm projection lens that bumps up to F5 at the same distance. At this distance you also get floor to ceiling coverage for full length shots.

The only negative I found is the brightness control knob. It has a limited movement of less than 360 degrees rotation and all 100 increments are squeezed into that space… 1 percent adjustments seem hard to dial in and it jumps between values. Hard to see any change with the light in that small percentage.. so practically speaking not a huge issue.

Happy to answer any questions and share a few pictures.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Shadow quality with the light ~2m from subject in full flood, subject about 1m away from wall

Comment

First DLED10 in the field! I'm guessing the double yoke is to offset front-heavy set ups. Sounds like you'll be really happy with it, thanks for sharing.

Maybe a hose clamp with screw around the brightness knob would give you a larger diameter and help with fine tuning or even just a small clamp https://www.filmtools.com/spring-clamp-1.html
        robnortondp.com

Comment

Here is a 200% crop of the DP400 projector with 150mm lens. I might have been able to focus it slightly sharper... but a good demo of how CA free it is. Pure white and almost no fill light is definitely a torture test.
          Last edited by chris_f; 05-01-2022, 09:40 PM.

Comment

If anyone is into their PC parts you will be right at home. When the light is in spot you can see that a Cooler Master liquid cooler is bolted to the back of the LED chip, there is also a Be Quiet ‘Pure Wings’ fan on the air & liquid cooled radiator in the main body of the head.
            Last edited by chris_f; 04-28-2022, 08:06 PM.

Comment

This is the DLED10 with a 1/8 CTS Rosco Gel, against daylight at noon. Shadow side is the Dedo in full spot from 2m away.

The natural daylight seems a bit warmer at this time of year - the DLED with this gel is probably hitting just above 5000 kelvin.

Really impressed that the green/magenta tint is so neutral against direct sunlight like this.

Just a phone photo for ease of upload, but colours match just as well with the canon R5.

Comment

Here is the DLED10-D bare, compared to the light with a 1/8 Rosco Straw gel.

The light is very neutral by default and a good CCT to match with HMI lights. Then with the straw gel it is a very nice match to daylight, having a little bit of added green to bring it close to the daylight curve.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here it is with the DP400 projection attachment and 100mm lens.

This wide angle lens adds a bit of warmth and green, which is convenient for matching with daylight, this lands the light almost right on the daylight curve, and also has a very high Daylight SSI score.

The light completely bare also scores the same 76 SSI score.

This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                  X