Prolycht Orion 300 FS Black Friday Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prolycht Orion 300 FS Black Friday Sale

Go Big Or Go Home! Huge Black Friday offer from Prolycht!

Buy 2 Orion 300 FS lights get a 3rd for free! Offer good through next Friday, December 3. Jump on this deal.

The Orion 300 FS LED full spectrum spotlight utilizes the industry-leading 6-color LED Hyperlight engine (red/green/blue/amber/cyan/lime) to create a wide color gamut with class leading accuracy and pleasing skin tone reproduction. Color temperature range is from 2000K-20,000K with precision control of all color channels throughout. The full spectrum color abilities of the Orion 300 FS set it apart from all other products at its power and price.

Both versions of the Orion 300 FS, in V-mount (PL20001) and AB-mount (PL20001AB) are included in this promotion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yooZ1ahqU5A
    Mitch Gross
    Aputure Lighting
    NYC

Too bad the Gold Mount versions are special order from B&H, because that seems like a nice deal.

Side rant: as someone that’s been in this business for a few decades, and pretty much exclusively uses Gold Mount, it’s annoying how so many dealers now don’t stock, stock very little of or make Gold Mount powered items special order.
    Last edited by Run&Gun; 11-26-2021, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Run&Gun - No sacrifice, order the 3 for 2 deal from Hot Rod. I happen to know there's a small mountain of Prolycht stock at Hot Rod, 3 for 2 Deal is on the homepage. Just because it doesn't list quantity on Hotrodcameras.com doesn't mean it's not in stock. Shop is open on Monday if you have questions. No sales tax outside California.
      I.

Illya Friedman
      President
      Hot Rod Cameras

Also
      Co-host of The Cinematography Podcast
      Insta @thecinepod
      camnoir.com

Insta @hotrodcameras
      hot rod cameras dot com

Comment

Originally posted by Illya Friedman View Post
        Run&Gun - No sacrifice, order the 3 for 2 deal from Hot Rod. I happen to know there's a small mountain of Prolycht stock at Hot Rod, 3 for 2 Deal is on the homepage. Just because it doesn't list quantity on Hotrodcameras.com doesn't mean it's not in stock. Shop is open on Monday if you have questions. No sales tax outside California.
        Thanks for the info, Illya. I'm going to mull it over this weekend. There are several things I'm wanting to pick-up by the end of the year, including a new MBP, but they all seem to be in these ~$3500-$5000 chunks. Which adds up FAST... Lol. And I got sort of a wild hair and surprised myself and bought a Canon 25-250 last month... What pandemic, right...?

Comment

Buy 2 get 1 free is an amazing deal.
          robnortondp.com

Comment

Originally posted by Run&Gun View Post
            Too bad the Gold Mount versions are special order from B&H, because that seems like a nice deal.

Side rant: as someone that’s been in this business for a few decades, and pretty much exclusively uses Gold Mount, it’s annoying how so many dealers now don’t stock, stock very little of or make Gold Mount powered items special order.
            This Black Friday promotion has been quite popular and some of our resellers are behind on stock. Fortunately Prolycht anticpated demand and we have plenty of inventory in our warehouse. So feel free to order from your favorite reseller and we will get them Orions as soon as they order from us. And yes, as long as they order in time for the deal it will be honored when we fulfill it. Just don't wait until the last moment.

And if you want it today it sounds like Illya has them on the shelf. Hot Rod Cameras recognized how good an offer 3-for-2 is and stocked up!
            Mitch Gross
            Aputure Lighting
            NYC

Comment

As I have mentioned elsewhere, if anyone would like to demo the Orion 300 FS please feel free to contact me directly. Seeing is believing and many people have responded that they were surprised by how impressed they were with the light once they tried it out for themselves.
              Mitch Gross
              Aputure Lighting
              NYC

Comment

Well, just pulled the trigger with HotRod. Unfortunately, they said no Gold Mounts in stock, but they said they had three on-order that weren't spoken for, so hopefully they'll be in and turned around to me quickly.

Now, just put some accessories like the pattern projectors on-sale next week, Mitch.

Comment

Philip Bloom has a fairly detailed review up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=royfBFNQvVs

Comment

We tested the Orion earlier this year, and my gaffer who is notoriously tough to please with new gear gave it a thumbs-up, so here I am passing along that sentiment. We used it in the dome and as a hard light and were pleased with both scenarios. prolychtsmall.jpg
                    Charles Papert
                    charlespapert.com

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesPapert View Post
                      We tested the Orion earlier this year, and my gaffer who is notoriously tough to please with new gear gave it a thumbs-up, so here I am passing along that sentiment. We used it in the dome and as a hard light and were pleased with both scenarios.
                      Your gaffer looks very much like the DP and former Steadicam great Charles Papert.

Comment

Well, just pulled the trigger with HotRod. Unfortunately, they said no Gold Mounts in stock, but they said they had three on-order that weren't spoken for, so hopefully they'll be in and turned around to me quickly.

Now, just put some accessories like the pattern projectors on-sale next week, Mitch.
                        They were only out of stock because so many people have jumped at the deal. New inventory is on its way to Hot Rod right now.
                        Mitch Gross
                        Aputure Lighting
                        NYC

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Gross View Post

They were only out of stock because so many people have jumped at the deal. New inventory is on its way to Hot Rod right now.
                          Yeah, I kinda drug my feet a little. Ran them by one of my guys that’s not a gear nerd to see what kind of reaction I got from him.

Not having them in my hands yet to really get a sense of size, what would be a good case to carry all three together as one “kit”? Would everything for three all fit into a 1650? Weight, within reason, is not as much of a concern as efficient use of space during transport and convenience on-location. Three of them in their individual cases would create a lot of wasted space, IMO. Outside of my 800 HMI’s, probably 90% or more of my currently used lights are grouped together in cases in groups of at least two or more.

Comment

Yeah, I kinda drug my feet a little.
                            You drug your feet? Are you sure you haven't dragged them? Sorry; but I felt obliged to ding you since I thought you were a stickler for grammar, etc

Let us know how you like the orions!
                            www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Gross View Post

That's awesome! This looks like a great light! And the people at Hot Rod are the best. Easily my first choice. Them and Texas Media. thumbs up!

Comment

Working...
                              X