Aputure supply issues - where to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aputure supply issues - where to buy?

While Aputure continues to roll out new lights, I just want a spotlight mount for my existing lights......which seems to be out of stock everywhere on the planet.

Any suggestions on where I should put my backorder in? Filmtools? B&H?

How long have people been waiting to receive Aputure orders through 3rd party retailers?
    👉 My Filmmaking YouTube Channel

Showing in stock with 36 degree lens at Hot Rod Camera.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmorphasis View Post
      Showing in stock with 36 degree lens at Hot Rod Camera.
      thanks for the heads up! Just placed my order

👉 My Filmmaking YouTube Channel

Comment

In the UK we can't get fuel or food but we can get Aputure products. Stock everywhere from what I see. Maybe the oil spill in Huntington Beach is affecting supply??
        "There is nothing permanent except change."
        Heraclitus

www.liamhall.net
        TWITTER: @WordsbyLiam
        INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Hall;n5678414[B
          ]In the UK we can't get fuel or food[/B] but we can get Aputure products. Stock everywhere from what I see. Maybe the oil spill in Huntington Beach is affecting supply??
          I just had to fill up my truck today(diesel) and it was almost $150. I think I'm paying around $50 more per fill-up than during the pandemic last year. And it's gone up at least .25/gallon or more in the last week or two. As far as food(I use the term loosely), I've been in several convenience stores lately that looked like they had been raided by roaming bands of survivors of the zombie apocalypse looking for any kind of sustenance, at all. Especially certain brands, like Coca-Cola.

Comment

Originally posted by Run&Gun View Post

I just had to fill up my truck today(diesel) and it was almost $150. I think I'm paying around $50 more per fill-up than during the pandemic last year. And it's gone up at least .25/gallon or more in the last week or two. As far as food(I use the term loosely), I've been in several convenience stores lately that looked like they had been raided by roaming bands of survivors of the zombie apocalypse looking for any kind of sustenance, at all. Especially certain brands, like Coca-Cola.
            how come?
            www.AbeFilms.com

All men are brothers

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Hall View Post
              In the UK we can't get fuel or food but we can get Aputure products. Stock everywhere from what I see. Maybe the oil spill in Huntington Beach is affecting supply??
              General gist of the issue... CA instituted new fuel efficiency standards for diesel trucking in Oct. 2020. This effectively took half of the heavy trucking fleet off the road, and overburdened the other half. Since then, shipping containers have been slowly amassing in CA ports because there are fewer trucks to move them out and on to their destinations... full receiving ports are resorting to plopping containers in nearby streets, blocking people into their driveways in some cases. Trucking companies are using their limited "CA compliant" fleet to take shipments from the ports to the CA borders where they are then moved to other trucks that convey them across the rest of the US. The backlog in CA has led to shipping also being diverted to other ports that aren't built for the overload, stressing them as well... or being sent to the other coast through the Panama Canal, which is time-consuming and expensive, and also creating backlogs in those ports because so much of the supply chain used to rely on cheap and efficient transport through CA. A container that used to cost about ~$4K to ship last year now costs ~$17K, and ships are waiting for weeks to unload
              Last edited by mcbob; 10-22-2021, 03:39 AM.
              Pudgy bearded camera guy
              http://mcbob.tv

Comment

Originally posted by Run&Gun View Post

Same. Fuel is generally up 50% or more nationwide. Also noting plenty of empty shelves through my various travels this year.

Winter is coming. Be an ant, not a grasshopper.
                Pudgy bearded camera guy
                http://mcbob.tv

Comment

Fuel prices high in Australia as well. Our supermarkets seem well stocked however. Doesn't seem to be any supply issues here.

This is not for debate on which is better, however my local Nanlite dealer is a champion and user support is much better local to me, so I'm nanlite. This was pretty much the deciding factor for me.
                  w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
                  p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

Comment

Working...
                  X