Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much are older LiteMat 4s going for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much are older LiteMat 4s going for?

A few years ago, I bought some used LiteMats from this rental house in Berkeley, CA. They're collecting dust these days and I'm trying to downsize my kit. Do you think these older LiteMats would be of any value to folks especially since LED lighting is drastically cheaper these days? Is it more valuable to just keep them?

Fun fact: I think they were owned by Kiva Knight, who gaffed Moonlight. I might own some lights that were used on that film. Cool if true!

litemats are still great lights and a nice balance between a panel and a floppy lite cloth design.

Sell if you want the money and aren't using them. That's a nice easter egg but I don't think it's much of a value add (from a $ perspective). Litemats aren't the type of product to increase in value over time either, unless we're talking decades.

Unless you really need the money, can't you just try using them more regularly? Rather than selling for a huge loss I'd be inclined to save them for a rainy day.
    robnortondp.com

Comment

Thanks for the insight. Ok, you talked me off the cliff - haha. I should use them a more.

Comment

If you've been getting by without using them and your original plan is to downsize then selling is still probably the answer. I was mentioning what I would do but IDK what your needs are.
        robnortondp.com

Comment

I didn't intend to downsize necessarily, but just taking stock of some gear and seeing what's being used and what isn't. TBH, I forgot how much I paid for the LiteMat 4s, so I searched for the Facebook group where it was posted. Turns out I paid about $600 each for 2 of them. I suppose I could sell them for what I got them for, meaning I just rented them for 2 years for free!

Comment

Working...
          X