Brand New Fresnel With Scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand New Fresnel With Scratch

Question: If you received a brand new fresnel with a scratch on the lens like this would you let it slide or return it? I know it won't have an effect on performance but not my favorite to receive brand new items in this condition.
    Attached Files

When I was younger, I wouldn't be able to let that go.

When I got older, I sometimes started to care less, at least about certain things, and it would be more of a hassle to pack it up and ship it back. And you don't even know how the replacement will look (or perform).

Comment

What light is that?
      robnortondp.com

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
        When I was younger, I wouldn't be able to let that go.

When I got older, I sometimes started to care less, at least about certain things, and it would be more of a hassle to pack it up and ship it back. And you don't even know how the replacement will look (or perform).
        Yep. I sent back a Preston Micro Force one time, because of a chip in the paint. My argument, at the time, was that if it was knocked around that bad during shipping to chip the paint, then it may be damaged internally. I was just being incredibly picky(I wanted my multi-thousand dollar controller to be PERFECT). Hell, you could hammer nails with a Micro Force controller and still perform a glass-smooth zoom. Even though I did get a new controller, all I really ended up doing was putting my dealer in a bad/awkward spot with Preston and making them mad, because they knew there was absolutely nothing wrong with it and they didn't want to replace it(they were right in not wanting to and I agree with them, now. sorry guys...).

As NorBro, says, what are the hassles to replace/exchange it? AND can it even be quickly exchanged/replaced right now?

I'd just document it, and maybe tell the dealer, just in-case something out of the ordinary happened that could be attributed to it. But I've seen fresnels cracked completely through, and it didn't affect the performance.

Comment

I bought a brand new Aputure C300D II last year. Screen and surrounding metal area had some scratching. Was not happy but what could I do...

Comment

Hi, as for me shipping is overseas, so I dont complain to much about this sought of stuff. Meanly, because in most cases the cost of return shipping is on the buyer.
            I will let the seller know, but once the scratch/paint chip doesn't effect the overall performance or the integrity of the unit, I live with it.

Comment

There is a reason why it is called brand new and you should not compromise as it is the sellers responsibility that you get what you paid for.

The seller should try to rectify the situation by either paying for return and replacement, or atleast offer you a discount that you both can accept without you feeling ripped off and the seller not feeling burnt.

Comment

Working...
              X