Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Battery Adapter Idea

Hello Listers,

I couldn't pass up the BH special deal for a couple Dracast LED panels. They are the Silver500 series. For power, it has an AC adapter, and this model has only a dual Sony L series plate for battery power. I don't have or want any L series batteries and prefer a 4pin xlr option. Question: Has anyone seen such an adapter (L Dummy to XLR) or a L series dummy battery with a blank pigtail? I can build the rest if I had s dummy L series battery. I looked around a bit at BH and Indipro, but didn't notice anything. Links Appreciated

TIA
    Grant

Forget the L-series adapter. If it runs on two of those batteries in series, then it accepts 12-14v power. You can prove this by checking the label on the AC adapter to find out what it outputs. I would just make a cable from XLR4 to the power plug used by the battery plate/AC adapter. Just make sure you get the polarity right (again, check the AC power supply).
    Mitch Gross
    Aputure Lighting
    NYC

Comment

Thanks Mitch, great idea. In fact I did this on a piece of audio kit, but didn't remember due to old age. This would be very simple and cheap indeed. Thanks again.
      Grant

Comment

Working...
      X