Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 pin xlr to 3 pin xlr?

Hey!

I was wondering if anyone here knew about a 4 pin to 3 pin xlr cable or adapter to power some leds? I've got a bunch of older 4 pin xlr batteries, but my new lights only take a 3 pin xlr into the bottom. I believe both sides will have to be male

Thanks!

You can get custom cables like this from www.markertek.com or any custom cable provider. But a four pin XLR is usually a power cable while a three pin is usually an audio cable. What kind of LEDs are these? On almost all video gear for DC power, pin 1 = negative, pin 4 = positive. No connections are made to either pin 2 or 3. You can have the 4-pin to 3-pin cables custom made but you had better make sure you get the correct pin outs on your lights or you will fry them.I have some Coollight LED panels and they are 4 pin DC. Does the owners manual give a pin out chart on your LEDs? Also, if you have never had custom cables made, they are not going to be cheap.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

Comment

They're the lightstorm ls1, the power adapter is a 3 pin xlr that plugs into its interface. I've usually only had 4 pin stuff, so this is kind of new to me. It has an option to power via v-mount, but I have a few large 4 pin batteries that I'd like to repurpose

Comment

hi alex

the dedo 24 volt 150 watt lights use the 3 pin xlr arrangement so that there is no confusion about the power

they are easy enough to solder up yourself pin 1 negative pin 4 + 12/24

i made up a set so that i could relamp my 24 volt dedos to 12volt and run from battery power if necessary

cheers

Comment

Glad you let me know, I am thinking about picking up a pair of those lights although I will just buy some V Mounts. My last lead acid 4 pin battery died last year so I have to start new.
          It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
          G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

Comment

Yea, I'm no good with soldering, so I might have to look into a house to do it. I'm assuming it's pin 1 and 3 that match with 1 and 4?

Comment

yes that is correct pins 1 and 4 match with pins 1 and 3

cheers

Comment

The cable maker I'm talking to is saying that their 3 pin is the middle one, are they the two side pins?

Comment

sorry my bad, had senior moment.

i should have said pins 1 and 4 match with pins 1 and 2 on the 3 pin xlr

pin 1 negative
                  pin 2 positive

cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X