Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking Led Fresnel

Hi all,

I've been successfully using Lupolight Dayleds 650 and 1000 for a good time, but now I'm looking for a more powerful fixture.

I read good things about the Fiilex Q1000. However, unless they miss typed the info on their website, the photometrics are ridiculously low for the wattage.
    At 900 lux / 3.0m, even my Astra gives more light and draws 1/3 of juice.

How is your experience with led fresnel lights? Can you recommend me a good fixture?

For now, my 2 candidates are the Ikan White Star WS-F350 6'' and the Mole-Richardson JuniorLED 10"
    I'm leaning more towards the Ikan because of its price (barndors and dmx are not even included in the Mole Richardson), and weight is slightly less.
    CRI seems acceptable on both, but TLCI is not available.

Suggestions?

Cheers!
    Diego

Didn't know ikan made an led Fresnel, I'll have to take a look at see if it would work in our studio.

Comment

I think it has been released recently. I didn't know it either until this morning

Comment

I worked with this Ikan light o a recent job:
        -- big and heavy
        -- has a fan (that wasn't a big deal because we were working in a large location)
        -- spot to flood knob works very well
        -- finish is a bit rough (that tiny knob on the yoke looks a bit pathetic for such a big light)

I wanted to like this light but i really didn't. Maybe it's juts psychological: it was just too bog and heavy for what it was. I felt my LTM 575 gives me more punch and versatility at like 1/3 the size.
        Patryk Rebisz
        director/DP
        www.ShoulderTheLion.com - my feature-length documentary
        www.TupeloProductions.com - my production company
        www.PatrykRebisz.com - my directing/DP work
        gear, gear, gear for rent in NYC area!!! >>> www.PatrykRebisz.com/lights.html
        (917) 291-2565

Comment

Thanks.
          Have you ever recorded at 240p and noticed any flicker with your HMI fixture?

Comment

i like the fiilex Q heads, very well built, great options and amazing accessories, output is ok, but not great....i ended up with mole richardson....they have insane output for the money, light is great, i am aware that the CRI numbers 90 are low but i have no problem with color at all...they are big and heavy but probably indestructible.....highly recommended...

Comment

Hmmm, how loud is the fan? If it was big and heavy, I would have thought the could sink the heat away in the big heavy construction without needing a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by diegocervo View Post
                Thanks.
                Have you ever recorded at 240p and noticed any flicker with your HMI fixture?
                At 240 you will get the fluctuation of the HMI bulb filament (this is NOT flicker).
                Patryk Rebisz
                director/DP
                (917) 291-2565

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_E View Post
                  Hmmm, how loud is the fan? If it was big and heavy, I would have thought the could sink the heat away in the big heavy construction without needing a fan.
                  Hard to say as we were filming in a large open hangar.
                  Patryk Rebisz
                  director/DP
                  (917) 291-2565

Comment

I love Arri L7 and L5 series. Available in many configurations. L10 is coming know nothing about it other than it's really expensive.

Comment

Im interested in a couple of big lights - restriction to run off a honda genny/or lesure batts - led would be perfect.

Personally I find the promos from these companies to be sadly lacking.

I want to see them put against known fixtures (blonds 400HMI) and against the sun.

any vids?

S
                      http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

not that I know other than a studio test of Fiilex that lacks comparing it with other fixtures, either hmi or tungsten

Comment

The Zylight F8-200, 200w fresnel and the Mole 900w fresnel are the real exciting options at the moment I reckon. The F8-200 because it's so compact to pack down and offers a genuinely useful amount of lumens. And the big Mole because it's a 5k that only draws 900w! You could run two of them on a single household socket, or three of them on a little suitcase generator! That's insane.
                          DREAMSMITHS | SHOWREEL | INSTAGRAM
                          www.dreamsmiths.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Grug View Post
                            You could run two of them on a single household socket, or three of them on a little suitcase generator! That's insane.
                            ​that
                            http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

I love Fiilex but I'm actually selling my k302 kit right now because I want bigger softer sources. I noticed these guys recently on bh 2000w equivalent Dracast, no word on TLCI.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._daylight.html

Comment

Working...
                              X