Best deals for Lowell Light Kit bulbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best deals for Lowell Light Kit bulbs?

Where can I find the best prices and quality shipping on replacement bulbs for a Lowell DV lighting kit?
    How many back-ups would you suggest I have in case a light burns out/fails during a 4-hour shoot?

-- Thanks,
    Jeff

Re: Best deals for Lowell Light Kit bulbs?

the standard reply for most anything dvx or related...

www.bhphotovideo.com

or

www.evsonline.com

or better yet, call evsonline and ask for RUSH! (his name is rush, its not an overnight service)

matthew

Comment

I buy from these guys: www.bulbdirect.com

Fast service and two day delivery at no extra charge. I have at least one extra lamp for each unit in my kits.
      www.aperturestudios.com

Comment

i forgot all about them, i got a bulb from them once at a great price, i forget what bulb it was, but it was something nobody else had.

matthew

Comment

Ok,....so I've looked at bulbdirect's prices, specifically the EMD 750W for the Lowells. Can someone tell me why the GE, Sylvania, Phillips bulbs are nearly 4 times as expensive as Ushio and Eiko?..... Am I comparing Porsche to Hyundai? I know NOTHING about lamps and quality. Anyone?

Comment

I've been extremely happy dealing with http://www.bulbconnection.com

No matter how many bulbs you order, shipping is $7 and I get my stuff in 2 days.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Barth Gimble
              Ok,....so I've looked at bulbdirect's prices, specifically the EMD 750W for the Lowells. Can someone tell me why the GE, Sylvania, Phillips bulbs are nearly 4 times as expensive as Ushio and Eiko?..... Am I comparing Porsche to Hyundai? I know NOTHING about lamps and quality. Anyone?
              That is very interesting... I would be interested too in hearing what the differences are between the "off-brands" (Ushio Eiko, etc) and the bigger names like GE, Sylvania, Phillips, etc. Anyone know?

Comment

Working...
              X