Halogen VS Quartz Halogen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halogen VS Quartz Halogen

Brett, I kinda though you knew the difference, but since the question was asked in a way that indicated that TheWheel was a beginner, I thought a more complete explanation was in order.

This has been asked a bunch of times by people who want to start with work lights - how do you gel them? Do you have techniques for other control - diffusion, barndoors, etc.?

Comment

In a pinch I'll use a set of clothes pins. One attached to the light to create a gap between the front of the light and gell (due to heat) and another used to attach the gell to the first clothes pin.

Comment

You can make barndoors. Not difficult at all. Clothespins work fine to attach gels.

(Somewhere in here is a thread about worklights in which I linked an entirely too-long video showing me making some barndoors for a worklight.)

Dan
        Movies, Music

"I thought you had to go to Pittsburgh for that."

Comment

Wasn't too long. I found it very informative. I plan on doing mine this week.

"...there is no magic, no mystery---just common sense and hard work" - Nestor Almendros

Visit my site at

Hooligan Nation Productions

Comment

Working...
          X