TOTA-LIGHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOTA-LIGHT

Rush or anyone, know if this is warm light? don't know how to tell. Looks like white light but then agian, I dunno, it seems like warm light because of the built in reflectors.

thanks for any info.
    http://www.evsonline.com/merchant2/m...duct_Code=T110

Re: TOTA-LIGHT

If by warm you mean tungsten balanced then Totas are warm. They're 3200 degree Kelvin. Daylight which is considered cool is 5600 degrees Kelvin. HMIs and some florescents are cool. This is a simplification, but fits.

Scott
    Scott Spears
    Emmy Winning Cinematographer
    www.scottspears.net

Comment

wow., thank you very much. I needed to know that. cheers.

Comment

Totas are great lights. Just FYI.

Yellow #001

Comment

oh thank you TC. I'm now almost buying it.

Comment

Hi DV, tota is a good floodlight, and is mostly used to flood background or mattes with light. You see them sometimes tiered one over the next in a studio, to multiply their wattage. They put out up to 750W, a lot for a little light. They also go well with diffusing material like the Westcott reflectors internal silks. They get very hot so be careful using them, only tilt with the plastic knob, pan with the stand's boom. Opening the barndoors will maximize efficiency, and make the bulb and reflector last longer. You can also buy a gel frame for them: T-120 at $26.95

The Digital Cinema Course. 30+ hours of filmmaking instruction on 20 DVD Discs.
            DVXusers get a FREE Audio DVD. Our new Gear Guide teaches Arri, Bogen, Century,
            Cinetech, KinoFlo, MSE, EwaMarine, PAG, Cartoni, Chrosziel, Bebob,
            Nnoga, and Rosco, as well as Safe Renting Tips. To order click HERE .

MYSPACE - YOUTUBE - IMDb -

Comment

thanks Rush. I'll be looking into it shortly.

Comment

You could use Totas in soft boxes to like the Photoflex one.

Comment

Working...
                X