Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lighting seminar/NYC for DVX user group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaySigmond
    replied
    Re: Lighting seminar/NYC for DVX user group?

Here is some updated info

A location for the January 29th Lighting seminar has be chosen.

ABEL CINE TECH
    609 Greenwich Street
    New York, NY 10014
    888 223-1599
    212 462 0100
    212 462 0199 fax

http://www.abelcine.com/index.php

It is accessible by subway and there is parking in the area. More details to follow.

http://www.bluesky-web.com/seminar.htm

Leave a comment:

• J.R. Hudson
    replied

I got you. Never-the-less. I'm game for whatver you offer.

Leave a comment:

• Walter_Graff
    replied

[quote author=John Hudson link=board=lighting;num=1103211109;start=15#18 date=12/22/04 at 13:13:51]How about a PAY PER CLICK Online School?

Each lesson would be at cost and a KEY would be provided upon order.

Just thinking out loud; Not sure how long each session or subject is.[/quote]

That is why I thought about the DVD vignette series that is small 10-15 minute lessons specific to a particular topic. I like to have a DVd rather than a web scenario as web scenarios are not reliable and take more time for me to set up than a DVD in the mail.

Leave a comment:

• J.R. Hudson
    replied

How about a PAY PER CLICK Online School?

Each lesson would be at cost and a KEY would be provided upon order.

Just thinking out loud; Not sure how long each session or subject is.

Leave a comment:

• Slimothy
    replied

Walter, Please come to california!!!!! Southern California! You will have a good turnout!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• monte
    replied

For those of us who can't come, why not record the lecture and the Q+A so the rest of us can benefit as well?

EDIT: Just read posts, I was thinking more along the lines of web hosting rather than DVD but it's all good

Leave a comment:

• Walter_Graff
    replied

I've gotten a lot of similar requests for DVDs. Problem is I would need to make it a multi DVD set and it would take a lot to make. I don't do things half ass. Then would have to figure out how much to charge.

Leave a comment:

• wedge
    replied
    Will anyone have a camera at these seminars????

Just an idea, but in addition to the homegrown 60 Watt floro sets....How about making a quick production out of the lighting seminar(s) and making a DVD available? It doesn't have to be too fancy as long as the info is there.

You can sign me up for a copy! (or bring the show to Seattle).

Regards - P

EDIT: Just saw the info for the "Walter Graff Vignettes" series. I'll gladly subscribe, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied

COME TO CALIFORNIA!

(Or as our governor would say KAL-E-FORNEA)

Leave a comment:

• J.R. Hudson
    replied

[quote author=Walter_Graff link=board=lighting;num=1103211109;start=0#10 date=12/19/04 at 15:08:22]
    I am also working on my own 60 watt flourescent fixture which I hope to have at the NYC seminar as an introduction and may then produce them for $100 or so a unit undercutting all the expensive mde flouros out there so everyone can use them. [/quote]

Yes yes yes!

Leave a comment:

• RaySigmond
    replied

Walter:

What are the basic characteristics of Tungsten lights vs. Flourescent Lights vs HMI Lights?

And what type if any do you find yourself using the most?

I guess this question acually could be the start of a new thread.

Leave a comment:

• Walter_Graff
    replied

I am thinking aobt taking it to many cities.

I just added some more to the seminar. By request I am going to spend time teaching how to light with homemade lights making them look like pro set ups.

I am also working on my own 60 watt flourescent fixture which I hope to have at the NYC seminar as an introduction and may then produce them for $100 or so a unit undercutting all the expensive mde flouros out there so everyone can use them.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Brennan
    replied

If those dates change due to attendance, let me know. I'll be in NYC in February. Damn, if only my Dad had been born 2 weeks sooner.

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied

[quote author=John Hudson link=board=lighting;num=1103211109;start=0#4 date=12/16/04 at 21:32:36]Damn Walter.  Its 75 degrees today in San Diego!  Come on out and Fish Tacos and Coronas are on me![/quote]
    Walter, you should seriously consider bringing a seminar down to Southern California. There's tons of us that would sign up for it, which would certainly cover the extra cost of airfare and lodging.

I'm in Northern California, but I would absolutely make the trek down to participate.

Leave a comment:

• Walter_Graff
    replied

Matt, 99% of all the questions on this entire board will be answered and demonstrated in my senminar. While I will have folks with a bit more experience, I put everyone on the same page and talk in a language that anyone will understand easily. In fact most all who signed up as of now own DV camerras so they wil learn how to make some great picture as I love working with less and making more. Being used to all the bells and whistles as I am is nice but I concentrate on making a lot with very little.  I am sure you could benefit hugely from attending. In fact bring your camera and I will use it as one of the demo cameras for set ups and show you how to make it look like you've never imagined it could.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X