Suggestions for putting together a "Cool Lights" rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    Well, then donīt forget to get yourself those foldable directorīs chairs ...
    Oh...you better believe it.... Embroidered and everything with things like "director" and "client". I'm telling you, presentation is everything. Make your setup look pro, make your commercial look pro, and people will be knocking down your door to use your services.

I think of it like this... I want people to think that they are on a hollywood movie set. We even have a digital scene marker and all, an audio person, a couple of HPX500's decked out with accessories, and now we'll have a bunch of lighting and some big soft box lights, directors chairs, a crane or track dolly, etc.

"Something big, Children"
    Chef
    Kit Hannah
    kithannah@gmail.com
    Sony Nex-7 w/ Multiple Sony E Lenses & Minolta MD Rokkor-X Lenses, 3x RPS Studio 15x15 Softboxes w/ Flos, Cool Lights LED600 fixtures, various hot lights, Tascam Recorder, Audio Technica & Sennheiser Mics, Sony Headphones, Sony Vegas, Sony Laptop. My camera, audio and editing station all fit into a backpack.

Comment

How big a size of softboxes would you think would be adequate for what you want to do?
      Richard Andrewski - Cool Lights USA - Site Sponsor
      Epic X #2392 - Skype "coolvideolights"

Comment

is it really about size though? Isn't it more about how you use it?
        sigpic
        http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2393063/
        Actor
        Musician
        Filmmaker

Comment

Geez Kit, you got a coupla' HVX 500s? Man, I thought you were poor. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by pcascio View Post
            Geez Kit, you got a coupla' HVX 500s? Man, I thought you were poor. :-)
            Well, If you knew how much we got them for, you would be impressed. We went with SD lenses on them, which helped with the budget. They are financed though.......

We just didn't want to spend a ton on lighting. We used to be a sound and stage lighting company, so whenever we needed lighting, we would just use some pars on dimmers, or fresnels, etc. Now we need to purchase some real video lights.

I dunno about the size of the softboxes though. Your's appear big enough, but bigger might be better. I actually like the ones with the spandex type material over the front of them, like 48" or bigger.
            Kit Hannah
            kithannah@gmail.com
            Sony Nex-7 w/ Multiple Sony E Lenses & Minolta MD Rokkor-X Lenses, 3x RPS Studio 15x15 Softboxes w/ Flos, Cool Lights LED600 fixtures, various hot lights, Tascam Recorder, Audio Technica & Sennheiser Mics, Sony Headphones, Sony Vegas, Sony Laptop. My camera, audio and editing station all fit into a backpack.

Comment

Working...
            X