Bescor - Terrible Customer Service Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bescor - Terrible Customer Service Experience

Hi all, wanted to post an unacceptable experience I've been having with Bescor. To me, this is somewhat outrageous, so I think people deserve to know about Bescor's Customer Service before buying one of their products.

I bought an MM-9 battery from B&H, which I discovered to be defective; it would not hold a charge. Trouble is, by the time I discovered this, the 14 day return period for B&H had already lapsed.

No problem, I thought, I'll just return it to Bescor for replacement or repair - after all the battery carries a 90 day warranty.

So I mailed the battery to them, (paying the postage myself), and by delivery confirmation I see they received it on DECEMBER 10th. I was told over the phone that I would have a replacement or repaired battery within "around a week."

Time passes. No battery. After around two weeks, I call them, and am told "oh, our guy couldn't find anything wrong with your battery - it just wasn't charged!" Um, no, I said, it will not HOLD a charge. (I'd explained this over the phone and in writing, mind you.). I own several other Bescor batteries and know just fine how they work, how to charge them, how to store them, etc. Never had a single other problem with any other of them. Just this ONE, which unambiguously will not hold a charge.

"Ok, so it will take a little longer."

It's now 1/16/08. Which is 5 weeks after they received the battery. Still nothing.

And I've tried emailing them and calling them, and have gotten no response. And btw as ticked off as I've become, I've remained very polite throughout.

So that's the story.

Any thoughts, suggestions? What do people think?

If you payed with a credit card they will protect you. I think most require a written request that you would like to refute charges and then they will take care of it. I'd contact them and see how they want you to go about it. I just always stick with my - "I paid for X and did not receive X - I want my money back" works every time.
    Jeff Anderson
    www.lichtuberstromt.com

Comment

Resolved!

Wanted to update the status of this. It has a happy ending.

I called Bescor again yesterday, and the contact there was very apologetic and knew they'd messed up in my case.

And today, lo and behold, I received a battery in the mail. I'm not sure if it's new or just repaired, but it appears to work perfectly.

So, in fairness to Bescor, can the title of this thread be changed to "Bescor - Slow Customer Service Experience?" "Terrible" seems a little harsh at this point.

Comment

My motto is, if I don't get the customer service rep I like the first time, call back and try another. Sometimes you get different answers and a different experience.
        Richard Andrewski - Cool Lights USA - Site Sponsor
        Epic X #2392 - Skype "coolvideolights"

Comment

Working...
        X