Sizes for bounce boards/reflectors/flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sizes for bounce boards/reflectors/flags

Hey everyone, I'm on a really tight budget (holidays rolling around and all) and i have my first short film approaching... so I took the tips in the DIY part of the stickies, but I still have a question. I bought a massive board of insulation board... white on one side, shiny/reflective on the other. Needless to say, I won't be using the whole 8' 5' board at any single time. So what I'm wondering is, how should I cut it to make sufficiently sized reflectors... what is a good size for one. The backs will become bounce boards... and I have cans of flat black spray paint to turn some into flags as well. Any tips on the sizes of these (as I've never worked with the real deal items) would be awesome! Thanks and happy holidays!

FIFTH CLICK FILMS

I normally have bounces in 2x2 and 3x3. Flags are normaly in 18x24" or 24x36" - which would be perfectly fine for bounce sizes also.
    www.barrycheong.com

Comment

Cut the 4x8 sheet of reflector material in half. That'll give you a perfect 4x4 shiney board. (Great for throwing up in a C-Stand for bounce or reflective sun) Then cut one of those two pieces in half again. Now you have two 2x4 boards for hand-holding.

Good Luck!

Comment

I agree with 7/24. 4x4 is great, I also always carry some 2x2 and some odd shapes, like 2x1. Use white Gaff tape on the edges so they won't shed and it's also a good place to write your name with a sharpie.

Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
        X