Warm ligting settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warm ligting settings

Sorry posting this question here. I was watching the Digital Cinema Training and they mentioned about the warm or half warm card. Are they referring to an actual physical card use to white balance the camera or a filter use on the camera lens or matte box?

www.warmcards.com

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. So now that I see the warm cards site. I don't want to say what's better, glass filter or warm cards, but what's more widely use? Perhaps I should ask what's the advantages and disadvantages of one method over the other.

Comment

White balancing with the warm card doesn't lose any light.

Comment

And I assumed the card is cheaper than the glass filter too, correct? Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by myCharlie View Post
            And I assumed the card is cheaper than the glass filter too, correct?
            Especially for a multi-camera shoot. You can balance both cameras at the same time. You don't need a separate filter for each camera.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks! Okay, my next question. This warm color thing, it can also be done in post too, correct? I guess it depends on the situations, but are most done at the shooting location or in post production?

Comment

Working...
              X