Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to carry household bulbs on set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to carry household bulbs on set?

I have a decent selection of e26 household edison bulbs that I take on set, but I hate the box I carry them in (a foam padded plastic box). What do you guys use to carry a large assortment of them for practicals?

I can't count on each bulb having a cardboard box around it since I own a lot of CFLs that came in plastic clamshell. Any advice? I guess I'd love some compartmental solution.
    Formerly user 'shawneous'.

"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."
    -Michel Gondry

Maybe an empty liquor box with individual compartments?
    Richard Andrewski - Cool Lights USA - Site Sponsor
    Epic X #2392 - Skype "coolvideolights"

Comment

What about

plastic 2-gallon or 5-gallon buckets with lids? Home Depot sells them and they're relatively inexpensive. (The 5-gallon size can also serve as a seat or a stool in a pinch). Note that the lids are sold separately. Lots of folks use them as tool buckets or fishing buckets.

Be aware that the lids that match the 2-gallon buckets are not strong enough to sit/stand on, and the lids for 5-gallon buckets are not very strong; standing in the middle of them would put your foot right through the lid and break all the bulbs. Those lids are usually in the paint dept. However, they also sell more substantial, reinforced plastic lids that hold up better/are sturdier if you do plan to sit or stand on them. Those lids are usually found in their hardware department, and may cost about $ 6.
      "If ya' don't know...ask!"

Comment

I use a couple of rubbermaid totes. I take 2 bulbs and place them base to base then wrap them in 1/2'' foam. I use two rubber bands to hold the foam on. Then I just stack the rolls in the totes. I use this method for both photofloods and compact fluorescents. No broken bulbs so far. Hope this helps.

Comment

I put them in disposable plastic cups with a rubberband or two to keep em in place. Then the cups go into a box or tote.

Comment

Working...
          X