No announcement yet.

SMM mirror box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like they came out with a second version: https://www.newsshooter.com/2021/03/...ark-ii-review/

Comment

Nice to see.

Still glad I have mine as I think pure size does help.

Also I dont know but I feel the best performances are having an operator drive the script, rewind duff takes and the likes is most professional.

Mine can show a laptop screen into a flipped monitor, so the operator has a straight view and show auto cue software or other things.. like a remote interviewer on skyp zoom teams (?)
      http://www.sammorganmoore.com View my feature Film

Comment

Originally posted by Publimix View Post
        Are you mimicking a vertical phone video with a FS7 ?

Is this the future, do we have to rotate our television sets too?

And what about cinema screens? Oh dear...

As well as standard broadcast, we are also delivering to social media outlets now including 9:16, 4:5, 1:1.
        Many times we are delivering 4 different versions of the same commercial, just in different aspect ratios.

Comment

Originally posted by David W. Jones View Post
          As well as standard broadcast, we are also delivering to social media outlets now including 9:16, 4:5, 1:1.
          Many times we are delivering 4 different versions of the same commercial, just in different aspect ratios.
          These narrow and vertical aspect ratios kill me(I hate them as a viewer). And they finally caught-up to me, as a shooter. Went in to shoot for a client a few days ago at their place with their gear. Relatively straightforward: b-roll, scenics and follow an individual. The gear was waiting on me when I arrived. Original C300, 24-70 and 70-200. Ok. Nothing I can do about the glass. The 24-70 will be ok, or so I thought. Then the producers show up and say, "Oh yeah, besides for the archive & doc use, this is being used for social in 1:1 and is the priority." And besides not being able to make custom aspect markers on that camera, we then proceed to go outside and they say they want "wide scenic shots". And I'm shooting with a 24mm on s35... That is essentially being "center punched"...

Comment

Originally posted by Run&Gun View Post
            These narrow and vertical aspect ratios kill me(I hate them as a viewer). And they finally caught-up to me, as a shooter. Went in to shoot for a client a few days ago at their place with their gear. Relatively straightforward: b-roll, scenics and follow an individual. The gear was waiting on me when I arrived. Original C300, 24-70 and 70-200. Ok. Nothing I can do about the glass. The 24-70 will be ok, or so I thought. Then the producers show up and say, "Oh yeah, besides for the archive & doc use, this is being used for social in 1:1 and is the priority." And besides not being able to make custom aspect markers on that camera, we then proceed to go outside and they say they want "wide scenic shots". And I'm shooting with a 24mm on s35... That is essentially being "center punched"...
            I've been harping on this point for a while. Like - I shoot these 9:16 IGTV gallery walkthroughs (luckily that is the only aspect ratio for those,but I do plenty of stuff that needs to be widescreen, square, and vertical)

And the client is like - do we have to see so much of the ceiling and floor?

everything we want to see is in the horizontal plane: artworks hung side by side on the walls. So, my 12-24 is super useful because at 12mm I get a proper wide-angle frame width in 9:16

For the CUs though it's not a problem
            www.VideoAbe.com

"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." -Harvey

Comment

Comment

Man looks down barrell..

builder01.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X