DOF adapter without Ground glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOF adapter without Ground glass

Greetings. I would like to have a discussion with those who have utilized 35mm and possible medium format lenses combined with DIY DOF lens adapters.
    I currently still experiment with older camcorder formats (with the usability of newer design units with single and 3ccd video cameras with non removable lenses) and have a NO GG and want to share and get some info if possible. This discussion also includes how to make A 35mm or other lenses very powerful with a single lens element.
    Thank you
    Last edited by William Estes; 08-04-2017, 11:12 AM. Reason: More info of discussion

DOF adapters were all the rage back in the day, do some searches on the forum, I'm sure you'll find everything you need and more.

Unless you happen to already have medium format lenses, I wouldn't recommend picking them up for the use with a DOF adapter; all they'll do is add a fair bit of size and weight, to a system that can't begin to resolve any of the lens's sharpness. Is there any reason not to use DSLRs or Mirrorless cameras; older video enabled ones should run between $100-$300 second hand.

I use 35mm and medium format photo lenses with DSLRs and Mirrorless cameras; in photo mode I can take advantage of medium format's sharpness, but I'm not sure if UHD video can take full advantage of it or not.

Comment

Thank you for your input. I mainly experiment with the ability to get closer (Telephoto) without getting to close) and most of the very good DSLR's are out of my price line. I achieve my lens clarity by not using a GG in line, and using all straight glass usually can give the best a lens has to offer. By utilizing a single 35mm telephoto lens and adding just one lens between a telephoto lens and a decent video camera one can increase the telephoto power 12 to 18 times. This is of course all with proper lighting camera settings Etc.
      I know lens adapters were the thing of the past and they were all either overrated, over priced etc. but a lot of videographers still use semi-pro cameras with non removable lenses and may wish to utilize newer design ideas.
      Regards

Comment

Working...
      X