Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a Massive Quality Difference Between FCP X & Premiere Pro

https://noamkroll.com/there-is-massi...t-compression/

Thoughts on this? Personally i've found FCP 7 and X to give out better masters than Premiere
    Cameras
    AJA CION
    Panasonic AG-DVX100p

Interesting, but not terribly motivating.

I wonder if it might have something to do with Apple's war on NVidia, Metal vs. CUDA support (and why I'll be forever stuck on OSX High Sierra as long as I refuse to replace my perfectly capable Quadro GPU... that, btw, has it's own h.264 encoder/decoder processor).

For web deliverables that are to be ultimately hosted on YT or Vimeo, I've learned to just upload ProRes anyway. Their additional level of compression or recompression pisses away any extra efforts I make toward higher quality h.264 encoding.

Comment

I've never seen them compared before. Adobe needs to get on this ASAP. Until then, I guess I'll have to dust off my copy of Handbrake. Thanks for the post.
      PortlandVideographer.com

Comment

That comparison was from 2014.

Comment

I can't say I'm unhappy in any way with the quality I'm getting from Premiere - I find it hard to believe this article, and surely in 5 years we'd have had loads of complaints if true?

Comment

I personally see a difference, def in tape capture which to most doesn't affect anymore. This article did focus on h.264 encoding for web, but I even see that my masters in prores is far better in compression in FCP 7 than Premiere Pro. I've honestly never really been a fan of adobe but that is just me.
            Cameras
            AJA CION
            Panasonic AG-DVX100p

Comment

Working...
            X