Need help converting a file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help converting a file

Hiya. I have all of the episodes of Key & Peele in ProRes, but one of them appears to have been either corrupted or improperly output as Quicktime won't open it, nor Resolve ("file not supported"). It will open in VLC and a couple of other open source I apps I have, but none of those have ProRes as a conversion option (they have much more compressed options). I'm wondering if someone here can take a crack at converting it? Please DM me and I'll send a link. Thanks in advance!
    Charles Papert
    charlespapert.com

Sure send me a link.

Comment

FFmpeg or one of the GUI wrappers will work, e.g. http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

http://ntown.at/knowledgebase/prores...eg-on-windows/

ffmpeg.exe -i inmovie.mov -c:v prores_ks -profile:v 3 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le -c:a pcm_s16le -b:a 48000 ProResMovie.mov

On OSX/Linux remove .exe.

Comment

I can give it a try, but I'm on Windows using an ffmpeg based tool, have done very few prores transcodes. Normally I would go to DNxXX with everything.

Comment

It's the QuickTime wrapper that has an issue, there is no need to actually renencode the video.

Just do this:

ffmpeg -i kp_04_013_full.mov -c:v copy -c:a copy new.mov

This will load into DaVinci Resolve (albeit with 16 audio tracks). The audio tracks also load into Adobe Audition, in case you want to inspect or merge the channels.

Looking into this a bit further it seems that audio tracks are ill-defined.

Does this video actually contain 16 (of which 12 are actually used) audio tracks or is it supposed to be plain stereo
          Last edited by Cary Knoop; 09-26-2019, 09:20 AM.

Comment

MPEG Streamclip isn't recognizing the file for me.
            Charles Papert
            charlespapert.com

Comment

Pm me a link if your still stuck and I’ll re export from premiere on my Mac.

Comment

Assuming you are using a Mac, this won't help. For PC I'd use HD Cinematics Convert V6 which is a good front end for the ffmpeg tool, he has programmed a few really nice features into this tool and at the prices he asks, well worth the money, but again, only on Windows.

If you have the clip up on the web somewhere, I can give it a go in about an hour when I get home. I have plenty of server space to turn it around for you, though it seems Cary already has the solution.

Comment

Always happy to have a look at anything like this. Send us a link.

Chris Young

Comment

Working...
                  X