Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duet software for iPad issues connecting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duet software for iPad issues connecting?

I bought Duet on the suggestion of one of the instructors at the Apple store while doing their FCPX course. Yes I am a late bloomer and am still using FCP7 for some work including legacy projects that are just easier to mess with the old way. But I have also become quite fond of DaVinci Resolve and use it as well.
    BUT the reason for Duet was to enhance my on the road kit. I carry an iPad for my prompter and thought it would be useful for editing with my MacBook pro 15. I have found it to be very buggy and if I put the laptop to sleep I can't get Duet to work again unless I reboot both laptop and iPad. PIA to say the least. Wonder if anyone else has this issue?
    Thanks
    Brian
    Brian Murphy
    Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
    Sony FS5 MKII-Sony FX-6 (on order) - Sony PXW-Z150 -Sony A7iii -Sony A6400/A6000
    Sony-28/135 Cine-Tokina 11/16-Sigma 70/200 Sigma 24/70, Nikon 55(1.2)
    Sigma 24-70/F2.8 Art
    Collection of CY lenses and vintage Nikons, Canons.
    DJI Osmo Plus -GoPro H5
    DJI Mavic Mini
    Konovas motorized slider kit.
    Teradek Vidiu kit-PFY Eagle Eye/iPad mini 5

Having issues as well. Ever since they changed the way DUET connects to the computer, things have been odd. I find that disabling the touch bar function and lowering the resolution can help.

My older iPad 2 is very unstable - but my newer iPad Pro seems a little better - what type of tablet are you using?
    Nate Haustein

PXW-FX9 / FCPX

Comment

I am using an ipad 4th gens, A1458. I have been corresponding with the support group and will be sending in some code using terminal to them on monday, it appears there is an issue with their new code. Maybe you could do that also? IM me if you have time and I will send you the terminal commands they sent me and thanks for responding to my post!
      Brian Murphy
      Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
      Sony FS5 MKII-Sony FX-6 (on order) - Sony PXW-Z150 -Sony A7iii -Sony A6400/A6000
      Sigma 24-70/F2.8 Art
      DJI Osmo Plus -GoPro H5
      DJI Mavic Mini

Comment

After a dozen or so emails back and forth with the developer, I now have a version that seems to work. Don't know what the cause was but I will put this one to work next week and see if it holds up.
        Brian Murphy
        Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto
        Sigma 24-70/F2.8 Art
        DJI Osmo Plus -GoPro H5
        DJI Mavic Mini

Comment

Working...
        X