Is the problem my software or pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the problem my software or pc

Hi i have always used Power director 13 but now i have PD 14 as well,recently have had problems with my film renders of 4K footage they often stop mid render and the pc closes and restarts whether using PD 13 or 14 ,it happens with my FZ1000 and HC-X1000 camera footage,i render my films at 3840x2160 25P,50P 4K is a no goer.So far if i render 1920x1080 28 Mbps 50P the renders have never stopped.This never used to happen unti the last few months,does anyone have an idea what the problem could be.Thanks
    Last edited by flinty; 04-04-2016, 02:52 AM.

You'll want to check your operating system's event logs first, and see if there are any worthwhile error message. The answer should be there. If you have a hardware fault code or something similar it can point you in the right direction. Always good to monitor temperatures as well, but if you were fine before it's probably not that. It could well be an incompatibility between the current software version and some piece of hardware. Event log will tell you, hopefully.
    n-Space Media

Comment

[QUOTE=Agafilm;1986626243]You'll want to check your operating system's event logs first, and see if there are any worthwhile error message. The answer should be there. If you have a hardware fault code or something similar it can point you in the right direction. Always good to monitor temperatures as well, but if you were fine before it's probably not that. It could well be an incompatibility between the current software version and some piece of hardware. Event log will tell you, hopefully.[/QUOT

Thanks sorry i was a while getting back,i dont get error messages until the pc is about to stop,it never happened for 2 years with 4k thats the strange part.

Comment

Hard to say really... you say a couple of years. Hardware grows tired over time, and even if 1920 went flying some years ago, 4K is like rendering 4 1920s at one time, so you are putting stress on the machine. At the same time, software also changes over time, and I find more often than not, that updates mess up good workflows more than they improve (atleast in Adobe world).
        I know this isn't exactly helping a lot, but it could really be a lot of things... even the cpu since it's doing the calculations.
        Are there any other cases where you are getting hickups that could give you a hint?

Comment

I can't say for sure, though I wouldn't be surprised if windows 10 had something to do with it if that's what your running. My reasoning is Windows 10 is the biggest POS I've ever used. In fact, it pushed me back to a Mac Book Pro about a month ago. Hopefully with all the millions of people with constant issues (just google it if you don't believe me) will get the team that engineered it black balled from the industry! Constant updates crammed down your throat that install themselves, constant security updates that cause a host of other issues including proven software to run slow and freeze up. It's nothing but a convoluted pos that will inevitably cause them billions of dollars in sales due to the massive numbers of people happily switching to Mac Computers. Myself included!!

Comment

Only real problem with win10 is that major software companies haven't certified for 10 yet. And Apple has done their fair share of screwing people too, every new version required completely new printer drivers, up to about 10.6. You want something stable? Buy a Linux machine and tell it not to update. Most every tool you want is available.

Comment

Working...
            X