A possible solution for getting Adobe CC cheaper in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A possible solution for getting Adobe CC cheaper in Europe

Hey guys. I'd been looking forward to buying Adobe Creative Cloud (the complete suite) but when I realised that Europeans have to pay MUCH more than people in the USA for a digital product, I became disappointed. I've been trying to find a cheaper solution to this problem ever since. Recently I've found what is possibly the light in the tunnel: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...embership.html - a yearly subscription plan for Creative Cloud from a US-based store. It's digital, so they just send you the license key. My question is - will it work (and be legal to use) in Europe? I'm starting a company and I really don't want to pay for something that might not be fully legal.

Cheers!

I suppose you could run an IP obscured so when you log into adobe, as you do regularly with cc you appear to be in America, and you could use a us citizens address to give the supplier? Plenty of people are no doubt doing it. However, for me the chance that one day, adobe could throw a switch and remotely stop me earning money is too scary to risk. In the past my son tried to use some music software that was country specific, and although he bought it, and installed it, he could not register it because the company recognised the PC settings as being UK and not German. So he paid for a product that was unusable - but he only found out after 30 days when the registration kicked in, and by that time visa could not do a chargeback.

Comment

That's what I'm afraid of... Perhaps someone tried it, though? Maybe the license isn't country-specific?

Comment

Working...
      X