Woah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woah!

I was playing back one of my recently transferred Quicktime video clips on my MacBook Pro. It was a copy of a clip from my SD card, recorded on a 5d Mark III, that I simply copied onto my desktop. When jogging through the clip in Quicktime, I notice the clip suddenly turns to a grey screen with all sorts of vertical flashing static (don't really know what else to call it). It looks like what happens when you step on a camera's cable and the camera's image starts flashing. The clip is like this for the last third of the video. I can still hear the audio though. I then checked the actual clip that was still on the SD card, and it did the same thing. I freaked, thinking it was the card, a bad file, or, heaven forbid, the camera.

So I imported the desktop file into Final Cut Pro and lo and behold IT WORKED. There was no signs of that flashing. Is there perhaps something wrong with my Quicktime player (it's version 10.0 (131))? Why is it only with this clip? There were about 6 other clips that I recorded as well. I've attached a screen shot of the player in this mode. Thanks....
    Screen shot 2012-07-27 at 12.27.59 PM.jpg
Working...
X