Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premiere vs FCP

Hi All

Are there any editors out there that specialize in eye catching Mainstream Top 40 style music videos?

I have been making my own music videos for exactly one year using AE + PP, I'm currently looking into upgrading to suite with dynamic link.

Contrary to all the negative feedback FCP has been getting I noticed one of our countries tope MV editors making his videos wholly with in FC with out having to stuff around with links or swapping between Adobe apps. And his work is brilliant.

I am a big fan of Adobe, but am I naive? Should I be using FCP. I feel with PP & AE my work flow is sluggish and clunky.

Any thoughts from professionals or the like who can offer some experience in UI and Work flow? I'm starting to think between PP and AE head ache of a ram preview I should be using FCP for streamlined work flow and results at a quicker rate.

Can some one please point out if I should stick with Adobe or swap to FCP. Right now I think I'm a little to green to it all to be told 'use what ever works for you'.

Thanks
    KC

Apple has nothing even close to the power of AE in the FCP suite. The best workflow comes down to what functionality you need of your projects. Dynamic link is awesome and a huge timesaver, but if everything you need to do is integrated in FCP you have to decide what path to follow.

Other than workflow differences the quality of the production really isn't dependent on the tools used to edit it. After all, people have cut films inside blender!

Comment

Thank You Snazzy
      Originally posted by Snazzy Flapper View Post
      Apple has nothing even close to the power of AE in the FCP suite. The best workflow comes down to what functionality you need of your projects. Dynamic link is awesome and a huge timesaver, but if everything you need to do is integrated in FCP you have to decide what path to follow.

Other than workflow differences the quality of the production really isn't dependent on the tools used to edit it. After all, people have cut films inside blender!

Comment

Working...
      X