BluRay Authoring a Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BluRay Authoring a Mac

I am starting to get into BluRay DVD authoring and I am wondering about options on a MAC.

I have Toast 11 with the BluRay plug-in but the content control is limited.

I am editing with iMove until June when the new FCP drops.

I see that Adobe Encore CS5 will work but it only comes with Premiere Pro at ~$800 so that ain't gonna work.

Any other options? I want to be able to control menu layouts, music, titles (font, layout) ECT. I can use Toast for building 'play on insert' discs but I am looking for more.

Thanks,
    John Griswell
    www.griswell.com
    www.vimeo.com/griswell
    www.johnnygadgetfilms.com

Originally posted by Grisnjam View Post
    I want to be able to control menu layouts, music, titles (font, layout) ECT. I can use Toast for building 'play on insert' discs but I am looking for more.
    Your cheapest option for this is DoStudio from NetBlender, which starts at $3k. And it only runs under Windows.

http://www.netblender.com/main/
    Post production is not an afterthought!
    www.arniepix.com

Comment

New FCP Pro X dropped and with it a new Compressor which says if has BluRay burning built in:

http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/compressor/

FYI.
      John Griswell
      www.griswell.com
      www.vimeo.com/griswell

Comment

Don't need to install Adobe Encore CS5, you can use a Ripping Blu-Ray to convert Blu-Ray discs to the target format.
        Last edited by kevin605; 09-01-2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin605 View Post
          Don't need to install Adobe Encore CS5, you can use a Ripping Blu-Ray to convert Blu-Ray discs to the target format.
          The question was about creating a Bluray disc from material we create not ripping already made BluRay discs (for which I recommend MakeMKV).

I have just been using Toast Titanium to make my BluRay Discs. Not the fanciest but for Wedding videos I can make it work.
          John Griswell
          www.griswell.com
          www.vimeo.com/griswell

Comment

Working...
          X