Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Adobe CS3 Too Outdated?

Hey Forum,

I currently just wrapped up using a 30 day trial of CS5. As much as I love the program it is far from my budget at the moment. So I browsed around a bit to see what I could find to help me with Editing. I came across someone who upgraded to CS5 and is selling their CS3 for $130. More than anything I just need something that will edit 24p for me. So what do you think? Is this software outdated now? Or will it do what I need to in order to do some basic video and more.

I liked cs3 better than cs4. Unfortunately I cant go back. But yeah, cs3 is fine for 24p footage. I use cineform though to convert my files. It handles it better, and ups the colorspace.

Comment

If it currently meets all of your needs, then it's not outdated.
      Post production is not an afterthought!
      www.arniepix.com

Comment

...an upgrade is only $299.00

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/sto...&view=ols_prod

sigpic

www.zazacast.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZazaCast View Post
          Yeah that is pretty awesome! Now that I think about it... kind of a no brainer now. Thanks guys for you post.

Comment

Originally posted by ZazaCast View Post
            Tack on the cost of upgrading to Win 7 and updating all of the software on your machine that won't run on Win 7 as well.
            Carbonized Member

Comment

Originally posted by Al MacLeod View Post
              Tack on the cost of upgrading to Win 7 and updating all of the software on your machine that won't run on Win 7 as well.
              Well it turns out that the guy never got back to me. I am thinking that it was not a legit copy... had my fingers crossed, but 130 bucks? I thought that I would trust him and see the discs before I purchased it. So yeah... no suck luck here. Bummer, becuase I need to get my hands on software. Can anyone maybe refer me to software in a low budget scenario that will handle 24p?

As for my System that I am working from right now, well its not top of the line, but its alright for the time being. Here are some of my specs...

64Bit Windows 7 Pro
              EVGA 780i Motherboard
              8 Gigs Patriot DDR2 1066 Ram
              2.4ghz Q6600 Xtreme CPU with a Corsair Liquid Cooler
              SLI Nvidia GTX 260's
              1 TB HD, but need to get a few externals

Looking to upgrade this summer at some point, but this is working alright for what I am doing right now. To tell you the truth I would like to get a mac to test run as well. They seem to be more Stable and found in the industry, but I will always love PC over Mac... I like the tweaking. Although each system has its perks. PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A MAC Vs PC Thread. BOTH Systems have their strengths, I just personally like PC. Mac's are Great as well!

Anyways... maybe some of you know a connection where I can purchase LEGIT and LEGAL software for editing at great cost, or do any of you maybe have software for sale fom an upgrade or something. I am also considering Sony Vegas, just because it is a fraction of the cost and I have seen some awesome editing from it as well.

Peace!

Comment

Are you a student? Or do you have a kid who's a student. Adobe Production Premium is 399 for students. Includes Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, Soundbooth, et al.
                Nikon D700:, 50mm F/1.8 AF-D, 105mm F/2.8 Micro AF-D, 16-35 F/4 VR, 70-200 F/2.8 VR

Rode NTG-3, ElectroVoice RE50 N/D

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathanjkeller

Comment

Working...
                X