render settings 3d max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

render settings 3d max

Can anyone help me out with render settings for 3d studion max R3? I'm rendering using the Matrox dv compressor, but during re compression it looses quality enough so as not to look good. I'm looking for as close to broadcast quality animation as I can get. So if QT is best what compression should I use? And if AVI is as good, again what compression is best? The rendered material is to be edited in Premiere 6.0 or Vegas 5.0. The problem I'm having is during sorrenson squeeze compression for web I'm loosing a lot of definition in animated sequences while camera footage looks good.

Mino, if you render QT, use animation codec at mils + colors.
    For AVI, I usually go uncompressed or I render it out as TGAs or TIFFs.

R3, old school baby! Dude, Mino, you can get max 7 at student cost for $600 bucks. That's what our local college has them for. And yes, I'm still a student.

Comment

Basically, don't render to video files. For the best render qualities, image suquences of .png or uncompressed .tiff images are your best bet. PNG's will save you a bunch of space comparatively (they still look flawless), and are compatible with just about anything. Plus, if you're going to be recompressing to DV, you don't need the extra quality of an uncompressed image. Also, uncompressed .TIF's are HUGE. However, I've found that the MainConcept DVCPRO codec works very well for direct file rendering from max.

And sorry about the R3...
      I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly past. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Thanks Kappa...I'll try png's. R3 is OK for now because I don't know anything about later releases so R3 is still the cat's ass to me

Comment

So I've got 3600 png frames, how do I use premier to tur them into avi or Mov?

Comment

Working...
          X