converting analog to digital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

converting analog to digital

i didnt know where to throw this question so i stuck it here. i need to convert a bunch of old analog (vhs, hi-8, etc) into dv for storage. i've heard you can do this by hooking the vtr into the camera composite jacks and then pass it through the firewire, but i'm not too big on using my camera for that. i found this canopus advc 100 which looks alright to use as a conversion box, but does anyone know anything about it or have some recs for other products that could help me. thanks,

sal

Re: converting analog to digital

It won't hurt your camera in the slightest doing that, if that's what you're worried about. You don't have to run a tape or even have a tape in the machine to do it.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

Comment

Re: converting analog to digital

Sal, as David said, it won't hurt your DVX. What are you editing with? I can bring VHS etc into Edius through Canopus Storm Bay breakout Box & edit, add titles etc. I guess what I am really asking, is does your firewire have analogue input? if yes you may not need to use the DVX.
      Good Better Best, Never Let It Rest, Till Your Good Is Better & Your Better ... Best. (Furphy Water Cart)

Comment

Working...
      X